Max/MSP 8 by Cycling '74

Thanks!

I’m checking a few of the supposed new features of Max 8, and none of them appear available for M4L

(though, given my limited understanding of Max, I hardly seem justified to fuss over it)

:smiley:

Perhaps, I should start figuring it out so i can either strike while the iron’s hot when those features carry over

Or

Learn it and finally have a reason to crossgrade, and THEN I’ll be the kind of guy that has(and uses) Standalone Max/MSP/Jitter, and I’ll finally be able to pat myself on the back every morning for being such a cool and smart person.

Thanks for the info!

I’ve been fluctuating between yay and nay on my understanding of that.

But, I can’t stress this enough, though my wiser mind is like “Don’t pay for stuff until you hit a wall”, and with my current ignorance, I’m in the middle of a vastly open desert. Meanwhile, in my wild heart, I know Max is awesome and full of capabilities and I desire to be a man that is a Max Pro- and in nonsensical human logic- spending money is a signal of devotion- sometimes in lieu of effort.

PS:

I’m pretty excited about the Node for Max, though. I love that my future studies can run parallel with Max :heart:

Brilliant! Thanks for your insight!

I’m interested in learning the MAX/MSP modular environment. Is there any good places to learn?

1 Like

I don’t know what you mean by ‘place’, but since you’re online already, start with the Cycling '74 website.

You can download a 30-day demo. The documentation is extensive, and their examples are working patches that you can copy and play with. Trust me, that’s pretty cool.

There are several people/institutions sharing free lessons on YouTube. And if you prefer to learn in a formal educational environment, the Cycling '74 website provides links to those too.

5 Likes

Dear fellow cool people. A new Max 8.2 beta was released on September 9th which replaces the beta from August.

So far, so good, on my early 2015 MacBook Air running macOS Big Sur 11.5.2

3 Likes
2 Likes

Hello,everyone!I’m here just promoting my youtube channel.I’m a ambient sound designer using Max/MSP and use ableton for some music production.If you are interested in sound design,especially in ambient,you can check out my youtube channel!I will give you a lot of sound design ideas and tricks with Max/MSP!Thanks!!!
My Youtube channel
add movement to your ambient track in Max/MSP

7 Likes