MAster Keyboard for Trinity?

Hello peaople, I want to know If you people work with the OT and analog4 with a master keyboard ? Is it better than without, to write note arp without repushing trig every note for example (if you understand)

I do. Korg Taktile 49, sync arp, controllers.

1 Like

I use a KeyStep Pro that I got cheap or sometimes my Sub 37 or Minilogue. It’s definitely more convenient and expressive that way.

1 Like

Thank you a lot I need one :slight_smile:

Can you tell me on which points for you ??
Thanks in advance =-T

If you have any keyboard synth, I’d explore using that first. A “local MIDI off” setting is helpful in that case.

This setting is on keyboards ?

Yes. You need it to switch off your keyboard synth being triggered at the same time you’re playing the A4.

A midi controller keyboard with a DIN port (not just USB) and easy control over the midi channel it is transmitting on is a real boon with Elektron gear especially. It really transformed the Monomachine for me (poly mode!). With everything midi chained I can play any piece of gear by switching channel on the controller keyboard.

I have been using an M-Audio Keystation but I’m about to get a Roland A-800 Pro. The new Arturia Keylab Essential looks a good shout too. NB: Some of the newer MkII keystations don’t have DIN midi ports, just check before you buy anything.

1 Like

In fact I just saw this !

Yes maybe I will buy something old school , don’t know, there are a lot of synthetizers 100-150 euros, not only master board so I do not know ^^

:S

Anyway, thank you, it’s a shop ten meter after my door and maybe…

:slight_smile:
Thank for advice
http://www.arpeges.fr/fr/instruments/claviers_24/claviers-electroniques_1179/claviers-maitres_1515?q=&prix_min=49&prix_max=340.1&tri=&page=1&parPage=12&qte_45021164=1&qte_45021165=1

Yeah, as I said, just check for a proper DIN midi out port… neither A4 or OT accepts midi control via USB. That Keystation 49 II for under a hundred euros would be perfect except that it only has USB out. You have to go up to the 61 key version to get a DIN port.

Arturia Keystep is a great bit of kit for entering notes/sequences but for “playing” it’s a bit restrictive because of its size (less than 3 octaves and mini keys).

Hello, finally opted for Keystep from Arturia which is really nice and in adequation with machines…

+tips black version ;p

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BseOuUDkRS4 (from a utube guy)

1 Like