Maschine MK3 and Kontrol Mk2

Ableton Live can’t be slave right ? only master I think

Completely understand that having too many options can be a bad thing indeed. It certainly took me a few years to get rid of the constant feeling that I must be using all the things all the time when making music ITB.

Don’t agree with your “average quality” comment, though. Especially not considering the quality of the OT’s time stretching and some of its effects… :wink:

It can, but it has never worked well.

1 Like

True about the ot
But didnt like the mk3 maschine filter and overall sound…

1 Like

ah yes i remember ! :slight_smile:

1 Like

I’ll check it out. I’ve got a bigwig 8 track license that I was supposed to use with my linnstrument. I’ll demo the new bigwig with my studio and linnstrument.

you can try the beta download link on the Bitwig website
official release is February

1 Like

Finally picked Maschine up from under my desk. I’m really into it as of tonight. You can get ideas out and down real quick with the Mk3

https://soundcloud.com/djadonis206/2018-jan-29-maschinejam1

2 Likes

William so you’re saying maschine can be the master groove/ midi and bitwig the slave? The same can work for mpc 2.0?

1 Like

[ For BITWIG ]
I said more with hardware but yes with Maschine virtual midi port you can do that as well I just tried and it’s works … both app in standalone mode… it should work ass well with the MPC (assuming the MPC can sendMidi over USB… otherwise use a MIDI interface instead)

[ For RYTM ]
What I tried and mentioned here is AR MK2 Master and Maschine MK3 (standalone) Slaved to the RYTM and vice and versa… work not bad actually :slight_smile: via physical midi cable… 48000Hz (29/31ms midi offset) and 96000Hz (around 10ms midi offset)

it’s just few test in waiting next OB

1 Like

Is there any integration with Komplete Kontrol with the mk3 Maschine?

I just want the visual element presented in the Kontrol mk2s or Maschine mk3 and be able to play on a hammer action keyboard- and I don’t know if that s88 mk2 is going to be coming…

1 Like

How’d you mean integration?

What I can tell you is that the kk MK2 screens effectively give you a close up Maschine MK3 version of operation. I was all set on a mk3 but my MK1 with kk MK2 is fantastic. Some actually prefer the Kontrol screen functionality (some UI differences at the moment due to two different development teams).

I thought about building out for a new s88 but the 49 is big enough for me. I got that for £300 or so near New and a 2nd hand upright piano for £100 instead. Best of both worlds!

I basically want to be able to control the Komplete software- like I would with the mk2- but with the Maschine controller- and perform on it with a 3rd party hammer action midi keyboard.

Though it would take a while to save up money for this set up- so hopefully they’ll stop leading me on and releasing the 88mk2 in the meantime.

I need those keys

I have the Mk3, though still unsure what you mean, you can plug in a midi keyboard and use it with Machine controller if that’s what you’re asking?

Like the Komplete Kontrol software where you can control all the parameters of the Komplete instrument pack.

You’ll have to use the mk3’s knobs. If you’re asking can you get the heads up display on thre screen and use the knobs from a generic midi keyboard to control that then no.

The whole point of the ni keyboards is it’s all pre mapped for you.

But there’s nothing stopping you using the Maschine for that and hammer action midi keyboard for note input.

1 Like

That’s what I thought. It’s a shame there’s no indication of a mk2 coming out- the mk2 upgrades look phenomenal and fun with a plethora of NKS support.

But the hammer-action is just a magnet for my fingers and always emotionally satisfying to play on. Any compromise will be severe.

Thank you for informing me!

quick and probably simple problem, using the mk3 and i’m trying to map it in midi mode to use the encoders to control track levels on the octatrack, got it all set up but it seems its only sending midi out the usb and not through the 5 pin cable. I can just send it through the computer and back out but id rather just be able to stick it straight into OT, is there something i’m missing in the controller editor?

edit: figured it out, you have you use midi routing software to send the USB midi back out the mk3’s midi out port. weird. this thing really is super dependant on the computer

That doesn’t sound right, pretty sure I was able to control external midi hardware through the physical midi ports without any sort of additional routing.

@karkwai I thought it was weird. I found the recommendation here. I can send midi out when maschine software is open through that but just using midi controller mode I can’t seem to use anything but usb without routing that back out to that port