Maschine MK3 and Kontrol Mk2

I had a Mk2 and now have a Mk3. No obvious difference in pad sensitivity for me. They feel great and it’s actually nice that they’re bigger.

Regarding that video; comparing a brand new unit with one that has seen a few years of use makes little sense.

1 Like

Good point. The pads haven’t been broken in yet. The GAS is back.

The software is actually very stable, and the integration of sounds is very good, everything is working fine - the point it: yes it could be more features - but what it actually can do is freaking awesome. I want audio tracks and a better song mode as many do want it - but the current solution is already very good, and allows for a fast and intuitive workflow.

1 Like

Just saw that MAschine 2.7 is coming next month and will finally bring some stuff for audio capturing/stretching/etc.

Never did jump on the Mk3 in the end but curious how this one develops with the software.

1 Like

https://blog.native-instruments.com/the-future-of-audio-in-maschine/

2 Likes

I sample my instruments just fine with its internal sampler, its really not that an issue, if you work loop based already.

I think the main advantage with audio tracks comes down to long voice recordings, or field recordings. There are some issues where i think development should be put too, for example sequencer mutes, and not audio mute behavior.

And the sound is very good! I have the mk3 and is very good unit!

1 Like

The real benefit of Maschine Studio or Mk 3 is its integration with Komplete and the sound browsing in addition to its whole workflow which is subjective… amazingly good feature.

1 Like

And also Arturia V Collection instruments. You might have to Page up and page down between the knob banks but it’s all there without looking up at your screen.

So imagine going into chord mode other th pads and having some chords play on the Arturia Rhodes73 emulation and being able to find the right sweet spot for the hammers and chorus for your track. There it is!

2 Likes

There is currently no other sequencer that can do MIDI CC scenes, and xfade between those. There is a lot of benefit, also the SW can be used with any Audio Interface and Digital Mixer, to sample those inputs. Really good workflow.

1 Like

Has midi out been fixed?

I had to disable midi time code in windows, without that it runs stable. There is a registry option to disable it. There is a thread about it in the NI forum. It doesn’t seem to be a issue with OSX.
I don’t use its internal midi out, i mostly use my iconnect4 or the USB midi of my synth.

1 Like

This pretty much sells the Komplete Mk2 for me- as Arturias V Collection VST display is downright awful(Functionally).

Now- I just need them to come out with the 88 key version with Piano Weighted Keys and all of my needs will have been fulfilled- and I can move on it.

1 Like

Exactly what Im holding out for. If they get that hammer action 88 key bad boy upgraded to the v2’s I’ll be all over it.

2 Likes

I’m using a standard midi controller, but something about the weighted keys makes me actually desire to figure out how to play the keys better.

Synth-Action weight, I struggle to develop any skills greater than “Chops”

That plus 10’s Capture feature, I’ll pump out the jams(Pump it up)

2 Likes

Maschine owners 2.7 is out now! Go and download the update

@v00d00ppl
This 2.7(.2) update for Maschine and 2.3 for Bitwig make those two really serious now…
I had in the past Maschine MK1, MK2 and Studio… They done right with Maschine MK3 and the price is not very high with what they bring on the table… and the thing is beautiful, almost perfect…

I didn’t remember the Midi master and slave + midi offset inside that’s very nice ! it was there before ?

But damn they have not made progress with Native Access for download time :sweat_smile:

1 Like

Yes. Maschine does a great job slaving to MIDI clock. Bitwig also does this well, or at least better than Live.

1 Like

I bought mk3, didnt like it at all… brought t back for an ot
I dont like Instruments that have endless possibilities with average quality

1 Like

it’s just a software with a controller but quality is way better than MK1 and MK2 :stuck_out_tongue: it’s close to the studio for half the price. For me it’s just a Soundcard + controller + a different workflow

But it’s impossible to compare Maschine to the OT :stuck_out_tongue: (at least for me…)

1 Like