Maschine MK3 and Kontrol Mk2

Mmmmm
If it was gonna be standalone,I’d expect NI to have it scrawled all over the announcements,:thinking:

1 Like

A man can dream eh

Very tempting, but I gotta keep my 2008 Octa Mac Pro on Mavericks and this requires 10.11 - 10.12

Great price, though.

Wonderful to see all these companies putting energy into workflow considerations. Improving already great products (Push, Maschine, OT)

If they went standalone, they’d have a hard time spamming your inbox trying to sell you the 300 new sound packs they release per week.

1 Like

That’s the rumor. Maybe they might drop it in November during Ableton loop. I think Komplete 12 will be announced then too.

1 Like

These look great and as I have Komplete Ultimate is very tempting, but will wait for Ableton to release Push 3 or hopefully a Push keyboard controller.

1 Like

That would be sweet, where did you hear this?

GEarslutz somewhere.

OFF topic but I used to have a Doraemon keychain that would respond when you whistle to it. It would say “im here” In Japanese and it was adorable

2 Likes

This new MK3 looks awesome and has me considering moving into maschine world again. I wonder if I really need that shiny new MK3 though, maybe I could score a good deal on a MK2 or Studio… would I really be missing out on that much?

1 Like

Don’t quote me on it but pretty sure they will run the same software.
It seems mainly cosmetic enhancements, the new color screens look awesome, and now has a built in audio interface

What’s a reasonable price (US $) for a used maschine studio these days?

I wish they would go ahead and make a standalone Maschine

1 Like

9 posts were split to a new topic: Wishes for Ableton Push 3 and Live 10

Much cheaper as of today :wink:

Hey I bought the white studio from you over a year ago. Thanks that Maschine rocks. I see you’re joining team Maschine again :grin:

It’ll be next year minimum before K12 appears I reckon. K11 is only just a year old and NI have a habit of spacing their releases.

I think some folks are confusing “standalone mode” to a standalone device here though! I don’t think anyone should be expecting NI to release a standalone Maschine any time soon (if ever). But, getting audio tracks into the MAschine software is still a very big deal for me. While Ableton can do a hell of a lot more than Maschine in many regards, I typically dont use the features so any big step in an Ableton direction that Maschine takes makes it a far improved and feature rich experience for me.

Going to be an interesting couple of months with Loop coming. Im going to sit back and see what comes out of that before taking the plunge (or not) on these new controllers.

To me comparing the price of the KOMPLETE KONTROL i would prefer a maschine MK3 + Roli Seaboard Rise… Definitely something armed for the futur regarding feeling when playing… and modulations capabilities… No need for a tagged library if you design your sounds :slight_smile:

I said it before - the NI Machine beta software can have multiple midi scenes, which you can X-fade, this works for VST and for external midi devices. You can also set the time interval which is used to x-fade the midi CC vales. Its what octatrack should do. I still hope electron will do a proper Octatrack upgrade soon.

At least NI supports their devices for a long time.

2 Likes

The usual GAS… :slight_smile:

1 Like

I think the only thing elektron can learn about native Instruments:
Release date : october fifth
And I know from experience they will have it in the stores at the fifth
And preorders get one on october 1st

7 Likes