Marbles (in VCV) sequencing Digitone - first test

Enjoy.

5 Likes

Another one…

1 Like

Question RE: locking a loop

so…how does one get it to repeat itself. I’ve set it to repeat an 8 step loop…but its its always slightly off. I know there is a way to make it do that intentionally while maintaining the basic loop. but I want it to repeat and I can’t get it to.

I would like to figure out it the data is getting messed up when it goes thru the FH-2 that I’m sending the data with to my modular…or if my settings are jacked on the Marbles. OR…if the VCV version isn’t as stable as a physical Marbles [that I will eventually get if I can understand proper usage with the VCV version [providing the VCV version is a true representation and the issue im having is user error]]

thanks in advance

1 Like

The knob in the middle at the top should be in 12 o clock position and the green buttons left and right lit. If you move the knob left or right it will start to introduce randomness and new notes/steps. But for pure repetition set it center (12 a clock). Good luck.

Ya I know Déjà Vu has to be at 12 to lock the loop but I still get

Example

1 2 3 4
1 2 3 4
1 2 3 4
1 2 3 3
1 2 3 4

So there seems to be a little drift in the CV being sent.

1 Like

Yeah, maybe som drift… jitter also adds swing and unpredictable stuff too…

Jitter is off, no bias. Yet it still doesn’t lock.

I wonder if the Mutable Marbles is better.

Yeah maybe…

It is. Traded mine is I wasn’t keen on what it generated but yes, it will stay locked. Firmware 1.1 also let’s you long press either Deja Vu button so that turning the DV knob doesn’t impact the locked side.

The other thing the miRack version (which I assume is identical to the VCV version) doesn’t let you do is use custom scales. By this I mean, there’s no way to record over the stock scales with user scales/riffs like you can on the hardware version.

Food for thought.

1 Like

thanks. solid info. :+1:t6:
I would really like to get Marbles. and was just seeing what it was like playing with it in VCV first.
once I sell the three mods I have listed…I might be able to afford one.

If you’re open to buying well-built clones and are in North America (though worldwide shipping might be an option), Momo Modular is an excellent builder. I purchased my Rings and Stages from them when money was a bit of a pinch. I prefer to support Emelie directly when I can but that was at a time when dollars were lean. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Thanks for the heads up :+1:t6:

I bought Pachinko (a mini marbles) from them… solid buy, all’s round great experience

3 Likes