Mapping each recorders to different keys/buttons on a controller

What i want to be able to do is to quickly start recording on any of the recorders with a one-button press on a midi controller.
Let’s say i have 8 midi buttons, i press button 1, recorder 1 starts to sample, i press button 4, recorder 4 start to sample. You get the idea. Is it possible?

I’m trying to get it to work, but it seems i can’t trigger a recorder unless i’m focused on it’s corresponding track on the Octatrack.

Yep, afaik it only works for the active track (edit, nope, not true). You can use midi note G#4 (68) for active track up and midi note A4 (69) for active track down to focus on a track via midi, though.

Forget it, I didn´t think this through…sry^^

Like this?

To arm the track recorders for each track you need to match the midi channel assigned to the track (default is channel 1-8 for tracks 1-8) so note 61 for example on ch1 would arm track 1 input AB, note 62 on ch2 would arm track 2 input CD, etc. Make sure that trig mode is set to (TRACKS) standard mapping for each track, see manual page 70/137 for details.

4 Likes

Well still true for auto channel :wink:

3 Likes

Thanks! Just what i was looking for. Great use of the Launchpad. Want to do something similar with a Beatstep

1 Like