Managing unused samples across project in +Drive for removal

The only threads I found related to sample memory and the +Drive all involved moving samples in and out of projects, something I do fairly often with the wonderful Elk-Herd utility.

However my 1 gig is running low, and there’s many unused samples on my DT. If my understanding is correct, you can only scan for used samples in an open project, but not see which samples are/aren’t being used throughout all projects on the DT.

So I’m here to ask if there’s a way/trick/efficent-manual-method of removing unused samples from the plus drive. Thanks in advance for any answers, or in the inevitable case of someone linking me to where this discussion has already happened!

There was few threads on this forum but the answer until now is: There is no way to automatically remove unused samples.
It’s one of the most requested feature so I hope that in the next firmware release it will be present.
Until now, I try to pay attention at what I put on the +Drive.

1 Like

This process helped me clean up unused samples from the +Drive. It’s a combination of elk herd/chrome browser Dev mode/scripts

1 Like

Transfer version 1.4 allows the removal of unused samples on +drive pretty easily.

1. Back up all the projects - the files will have all samples used by the project embedded.
  2. Delete everything from the DT
  3. Restore the projects you care about. Only the used samples will be restored.
7 Likes

Coming back to this years later.
I’m planning on cleaning up my DT +drive and the three steps mentioned above seem a good way to do so.
However, I’m wondering if the folder structure will be the same after this process?
For example, I have a folder path as follows:
DRUMS/KICKS/DFAM. When I back up projects that use samples from that folder, then delete everything (projects and samples) from DT, then restore the projects needed. Will the respective samples sit in the same folder/subfolders again?
Has anyone tried this?