Malekko Manther x TR606

Hi, Im wondering if any of you could help me out.

Im going to buy a Manther and Im trying to work out if i could use the sync from a 606 to drive the sequencer of the Manther via the clock input. How do you work out if they are compatible?

If this is possible, would it then be an option to send clock out from the manther via midi to something else? This feels like a long shot.

Thanks for any help!

606 runs on din24 clock
Manther probably does not; look into midi to din24 converters.

if you have elektron products, their midi out/thru ports can output din24, you’ll just have to configure them in the global/midi settings

Seriously? Thats great! I have an octatrack and it is my soulmate but i really want to work with a very stripped back setup for a while and frankly the octatrack is way too capable and i want to get away from that for a bit.

I meant the trigger output into the clock input on the manther

yeah, then either the HT/LT trigger on the 606 into the manther should do it

The manther manual says it receives ‘analog clock’

Is there any way to know if the behavior of the manther is so that it would then be able to output midi clock to something else?

Octatrack does not do dinsync, just the analog machines.

You should be able to trigger the clock on the manther with the trigger out from the 606 toms. Easier than converting the din24 signal.

The manther will only sync on either midi clock, internal or analog clock. I don’t believe it will send midi clock out if you are syncing analog. But you can easily splits he clock signal from the 606 or use that other trigger!

Have fun man! That’s a nice duo.

Edit: Sorry quoted the wrong post.

1 Like

YOU SIRE ARE CORRECT ABOUT THE OCTAWHACK BUT THY Digitone and Digitakt do send DIN-SYNC according to the manual.