Malekko Manther, Mr. D, and BFF Grooveboxes

i wonder when mrD n Bff are gonna come out? theyve been very quiet for ages on that front. I reckon Manther was a total ballache for em compared to Euro modules n pedals.

1 Like

Yeah, they might have been a bit burned by the Manther experience.

I still might pick up a Manther one day!

I always assume there must be a much smaller profit margin on competitively priced synths vs individual euro modules. but then you hear of indy eurorack companies having very slim profit margins so i havent a butchers really :smile:

Apparently thereā€™s a new update just around the corner!

4 Likes

here it is - V1.2 :heart_eyes:

3 Likes

Iā€™m really happy to see this update ! Some bug fixes and some improvement seems to be a good balance. BTW, I donā€™t understand the difference between the ARM/Step recordā€¦

1 Like

I think Step Record works by holding a step and pressing a note, Arm Record lets you start the recording from the first step with a midi note and automatically stops the recording process after the last step. Sounds quite clever! :slight_smile:

Not sure I need this update but very happy to see it appear!

Love my manther!! Really glad to see updates! I hope they continue. Itā€™d be awesome to see an arp added some day.

2 Likes

Envelope mod --> Wave Folder, Pitch tracking of the delay and a legato mode would be nice features too

2 Likes

I run mine through a moog mf drive which fattens it up a wee bit, plus has a nice filter.

I am considering the Manther but I wonder what is your user feedback after a while.
Beside, does it integrate well in a DAW environment?
Any alternative you would recommend?

I bought a Monologue in the end.

Itā€™s great that Malekko are updating the Manther. I may still buy one if midi control of itā€™s parameters happens.

2 Likes

I have mine since 8 monthes and I just finished an EP with it. Itā€™s not a revolutionary synth, but itā€™s a super expressive synth, easy to use and it has a huge sound. Itā€™s pretty stable right now, there is still a bug when you switch from a pattern playing forward to a pattern playing backward but you can work with this bug. Plus malekko has a super customer service.
If you donā€™t mind paying 600ā‚¬ for a mono osc synth, go for it, youā€™ll get a nice little synth with analog raw power.

3 Likes

I agree with all this. The motion sequencing makes this different than my other monosynths and is a special feature!

1 Like

You can get some lovely sounds out of it and itā€™s very hands on. I was going to sell mine but thatā€™s just because pulsar is dropping. Iā€™m using manther in a project now and thinking I should keep it.
There is a good video on the website going in depth which had a few useful tips where you can go wrong, for me the morph setting was causing me problems.
If i day with itnfir a few hours Iā€™d suss it all out but inevitably get a nice pattern going and hit record etc.

1 Like

What is morph setting?

Itā€™s a knob allowing smooth transition of a parameter. If you set the morph knob to 50% and open the filter, youā€™ll have a smooth opening rather than a quick one. If you set it 100% it will takes a long time to open, allowing a slow progressive mood. It also works for the step automation, allowing smooth transition from a parameter locked to another. Not an essential parameter, but it can be useful.

3 Likes

Ok, wow, this sounds so fucking awesome!

Just checked the Mantherā€˜s front panel and itā€˜s actually a real knob, not hidden in a menu!
Again: wow :yum:

I really love the Morph feature. It keeps the pattern feeling alive, like motion sequencing. A lot of times loops and patterns can feel static and things like MS and Morph go a long way in keeping it fresh!

I need to look up this Pulsar thing, whatever it is!

1 Like