Malekko Manther, Mr. D, and BFF Grooveboxes

I confirm : it’s not the normal behavior. However, I have an oled problem too, the first OLED line died and it’s hard to read the top information.
Email Malekko, they have a great support department. In my case they’ll replace the oled for free and refund the postage fees.

1 Like

That sounds like the screen is getting burn in. I don’t have a Manther- does it have a screen saver feature?

As far as I’m aware, the screen is either on or off, I don’t recall it going black when not in use.

I’m wondering if this is something I should be concerned with. Might warrant a return

Good to know they’re willing to front postage costs. I’ve only just got mine, should be able to send it back to the shop.

Yes, they have this reputation of having a strong customer service department.

Today I used midi for the first time however I’m unable to recall patches? and also the sequencer won’t run? I have been able to sequence it with my digitone. anyone else have this issue? Never mind I had to do a power cycle which seems to have sorted it out

Switch to midi clock and check your preset settings. You can switch to bar or directly, if you’re on bar and the sequencer don’t run you can’t change preset.

1 Like

same for me … but by unplugging the MIDI it turns off completely…

and I just realized that with the CV IN plugged there’s a bugs on ignition

edit : now the screen turns off (without disconnecting the MIDI). but at startup the tuning stops (systematically) if the CV is plugged in

@mess5 global improvement is short-lived :slight_smile:

This is a limitation that is mentioned on the manther-updates-and-support page.

Also @fattyparts the power cycle after changing clock modes… I’m pretty sure that is normal too for the manther (even though it seems a bit strange).

@loa Are things still going ok after the 1.12 update? I’ve been holding off.

2 Likes

I confirm that everything is fine after 1.12 update. It doesn’t solve every manther’s problems but I didn’t notice new bugs or quirks after the update. I played a long time with the machine yesterday and the tuning did not move after a while so I guess the auto tuning option is working.

1 Like

Despite all its quirks, I absolutely love this synth. It has a unique sound due to its demented gain staging. Incidentally, my OLED problem seems to have disappeared. I’ve drawn the conclusion this synth is haunted lol

2 Likes

Nice to ear that ! Indeed, this synth is definitely haunted.

2 Likes

I just got a sh-01a and absolutely love it. Still tempted to get one of these just for the motion recording! Anyone still really happy with theirs after almost a year?

I mean, if you’re engaging the waveshaping I wouldn’t be surprised with that result.

Ive had one a few months. It doesnt always receive transport control messages to start when its synced up but it sounds really, really nice. Its the nicest sounding synth ive ever had.

With the sequencer and all its fancy tricks you can get movement and nice things going on really fast that would take forever with other synths.

For example Ive had my monologue being sequenced by my octatrack then going back into the OT inputs with p-locked filter values and effects on the thru track. Its can be very rewarding when you take the time to work out a nice sequence. Things similar to that can be done on the manther just by sneezing on it.

It definitely has faults but is easily worth it for me

2 Likes

All my Synths have motion recording - I hit record on my DAW and twiddle the synth knobs. Works a treat!

I have it for a year, sounds incredible. I don’t now what else to say. Buy it, you will not regret it if you like tb 303. This is like its cousin from cyberpunk city. Easy to fit in the mix, sounds great with fx and raw, one big g spot.

yeah, me too. love mine. this synth sorts the wheat from the chaff imo. if you’re hierarchy of needs places characterful instruments with unique sound above all else and the sound suits your style then don’t hesitate.

1 Like

it’s a weird bugger though! i mentioned in the muff thread its like a kid who’s had a difficult upbringing that’s done good but still plays naughty from time to time. so many woke people never forgive.

2 Likes

I got one today and it’s seriously awesome. Super simple to use but so powerful, amazing sounds, great built in delay, motion recording that takes you to crazy places fast. The sequencer is great too!

Mine has no problems that I can see, I’m not sure why this has been slept on/bashed by some people. A really beautiful sounding looking playing synth!

Anyone else that has/played one have any thoughts? Any other fans of it?

4 Likes