Making music with other people

Back in the day (late 80’s to mid 90’s) I was part of a duo, enjoyed a bit of success but eventually fizzled out due to differences both artistically and idealistically. I have done a few collaborations with others since then but truth be told I prefer to work alone, I think it is ultimately more rewarding for me personally as I primarily make music for myself anyway.

That said there is something to say for the magic that can happen when more than 1 person is contributing especially in a live setting, I used to go to drum/jam club with 10-12 others from all different backgrounds and experience levels, that was pretty fun sometimes but it ended because the guy who organised it lost interest after a year or so.

I think electronic music can work equally well with one or more people, but it can be even more interesting if the contributors are not all present at the same time, for example remixes or collaborations done via electronic means.

Maybe me being an INTP, Virgo, weirdo overthinking loner dictates my views though :joy:

2 Likes