Make Noise Strega

Idk I rather go for a Lyra if I want to go the experimental route. Just seems more flexible and built like a tank. It’s definitely worth the extra :moneybag:

1 Like

Mylar Melodies has a strega vid forthcoming. Looking forward to it!

6 Likes

Ended up listening to this while working on other stuff today Twitch at about 45 minutes in Walker gives a bit more technical overview about what’s going on in Strega. The main takeaways seem to be, it has 3 delay chips in it each wired up differently, the filter knob also controls multiple filters my guess would be one after each delay but no details on that exactly. The Tone control and how it brings in upper harmonics and then subharmonics is designed around how it saturates in the delays. The interference control is a feedback circuit from the delays and filters designed for modulation. That is about all I think besides some insights like the activation being bipolar with an offset means you can set up stuff like ducking from the envelope follower.

8 Likes

Three delay chips puts it on par, in the delay department, with devices like the Adventure Audio Again pedal.

It also reminds me a little of the X1l3 Underwurlde.

2 Likes

My Perfect Circuit order shipped :call_me_hand:

6 Likes

yup mine too, looking forward to giving it a go later this week :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Did a quick little video of processing some simple stab chords from the digitakt, fully wet on the fx, with the envelope follower bringing in that sort of glittery arp from the Stregas oscillator. https://www.instagram.com/p/CMEElh8BYwy/ uploading unlisted to youtube for people who prefer not to insta.

9 Likes

sounds massive

3 Likes

And a bit like I want my MTV… :wink:

1 Like

Word… I literally have dreams about the Lyra at night :heart_eyes:

1 Like

This is amazing! MOAR!

1 Like

some good examples of it getting used here in different ways. Has me thinking once again about a little eurorack utilities box we will see.

6 Likes

I intentionally don’t want to read the ‘reviews’ (especially from professional 24/7 reviewers) or descriptions of what it is or what it does.
One thing is for sure, this is an original musical instrument with a personality and potentially one of the best hits of 2021.
Not a module or utility unit or a building block. Not too esoteric or too complex (esoteric devices look great until you actually start programming it :D), but also with typical MakeNoise ‘deep’ attitude.

(I only wish MN things could be a little bit cheaper… and officially rackable)

3 Likes

Did a techno test with it on FX and some oscillator swibbles… its so dang addictive to play with.

9 Likes

Techno check complete! The touch bridges do look really fun to perform with.

1 Like

Dat sh1t be dope

What is that device next to your DIgitakt?

2 Likes

Its a Mastersounds Radius mixer, really nice minimal mixer with a HP filter on each input and an iso EQ on the master. I’ve found having the HP filter is great with the strega in conjunction with the built in filter and you can really target a specific frequency range if you want. Really like it as a mixer, its kind of basic for the cost but it is really easy to preform on basically subconsciously for me, simple but effective and pretty flexable FX send / Master send options.

3 Likes

Does Strega have some sort of EG that can be triggered? Or is it just an open VCA drone mode situation?

The attenuation input for the activation will follow a CV or gate. But that’s about it.

2 Likes

The looping envelope turns into a triggered envelope with sustain if you patch the input on it. Then you can pipe that over to activation.

4 Likes