Make Noise Strega

The attenuation input for the activation will follow a CV or gate. But that’s about it.

2 Likes

The looping envelope turns into a triggered envelope with sustain if you patch the input on it. Then you can pipe that over to activation.

4 Likes
6 Likes
2 Likes

10 minutes of unabashed Strega tweaking. All sound is Strega only, some external modulation is coming from 0coast. I wonder if the novelty will wear off but so far I’m really enjoying it. It’s just a lot of fun to play with.

4 Likes

I posted this in the Score to Picture challenge thread (making a score for a random video vignette), but as I made it primarily with a Strega, it might be of interest here too:

It really is! I can get lost for ages just with the Strega, some patch cables and headphones. I’m not sure its character will work in a lot of my music, but the textures and tones you can make are lovely.

10 Likes
2 Likes
6 Likes
3 Likes
6 Likes

Yes - I’m getting that (been using mine for about a week now). It sounds lovely in a lofi way but I feel like it’s filtering out the bass which is a bit weird. Even though it has a sort of wet/dry control I’m think of creating a parallel processing chain using a Zoia possibly with the pre-Strega signal mixed with the post-Strega signal.

4 Likes
4 Likes

I’m curious to know if anyone here is using the Strega (or a Strega in combination with a 0-Coast) as a single synth voice, and playing them with a proper keyboard, for mono/legato leads, etc. … Anyone?

Cheers!

in France there is an expression: why make it simple when you can make it complicated.

3 Likes

Anyone using this?

Got one and it feels like the first more experimental synth that is actually clicking with me.

The most difficult thing about using it is shaking the notion that it’s an oscillator, looping envelope, PT2399x3, envelope follower and just using your ears :smiley: I’m such a dummy…

EDIT: More background.
Had quadrantid swarm but let it go.
Lyra is too atonal, I do need melodic sounds.
Thought about the Elmyra one, but seems a bit one-dimensional.
Strega seems like the goldilocks zone. Nice timbres, usable for many functions and easy to get usable sounds. I am still honeymooning with it, though.

8 Likes

Wow I love it. I just want to hear a nice fat and slow rhythm at the end :smiley:

1 Like

Well it’s a Shadoks saying :slight_smile:

Yeah I still love mine, use it all the time, well beyond the honey moon period. I think it is particularly great as a sound processor but yeah it has a nice range of possibilities.

4 Likes

Yep me too, I use it mostly for processing external audio. The internal oscillator I tend to use quite sparingly and mainly when the wet/dry mix is more wet - almost just dripping it into the delay occasionally to add additional interest/sparkles/noise to the sound. But all in all it’s just quite a fun synth to noodle with!

Heh, thanks. I might try that!

2 Likes