Made this song with Digitakt using no (!) external samples

‘Now look Betty, don’t start your white zone shit again’.

‘Airplane’ reference before I’m modularised.

1 Like

Yes, but a hint: it goes deeper than that… :thinking:

Damn - sampling the input noise - that’s a good idea! I haven’t done any sampling yet, still just digging into the capabilities of the audio tracks while making some patterns. I can’t wait though. I haven’t had this much fun with a synth in a long time. I had a machinedrum a couple years back, but couldn’t find a connection with it. Of course, I’ve learned a lot in that time, so perhaps I’m more “ready” now.

Just using internal noise alone, I reckon a whole constellation of sound could be coaxed using the Heat and DT…

1 Like

lol, just noise, this is brilliant!

the digitakt can be used to turn nothing into something

kind of like the eventide space, doesn’t matter what sound goes in the sound coming out can be amazing

Im on it, hehe, I´m on it !

its an awesome experience to walk just from the sampled input noise !
very very good way to learn the DTs bells and whistles and some .

just that i´m not good in doing tracks.
i don´t get out coherent pattern right now.
but i want to make this my first try to come up with a real track in the DT

(the other two wok in porgresses were so far:
only sampled piano, thru euro FX though, plus resampling the DT again thru the FX .
and: only the jomox modbrane, midi sequenzed from DT, as the solely soundsource, also thru same FX, plus resampling )

but the white noise thing has me. No external FX, nothing.
just internal resampling

1 Like

i made several patterns so far, nothing coherent, then i stumbled over a techno groove while i just wanted to compare BDs.
I never did any techno bevore ! hell.
just a very rough jam with one pattern. watch the sounds, i like them. i sat now quite some time on the snare. not easy edit: my Snare sounds like a HiHat, but a good one haha.

sounds better on my crappy old red Tannoys though than on my A7X. slightly More middly and dense
and can´t play it in the kitchen on my 4" speakers, too much Bass power, hehe.

i´m on it, i´m on it !
need to bring my other patterns together to something.

4 Likes

you dont have to make techno if it doesn’t rock your boat. Sure, maybe the interface is pushing towards techno but you r in charge and u can do whatever. It’s decent track tho. Btw, love your rhythmic noise work in your channel… :scream:

i totally like me some minimal techno. …but i´m very picky on it.
not liking my own beats quite rapidly.
but main problem is that i just can´t hammer here a 4to Floor kick endlessly.
totally uninsulated appartment. :tears:

yeah, the other files on my soundcloud are mostly quick demos of Eurorack modules, but resemble quite nicely how it sounded here mostoften over many years :wink:
I´m totally into exploring the universe of sounds…
Thanks for listening btw. !