MACHINEDRUM - Triggering external synths via MIDI

Hi,

Im struggling to figure out how to trigger my nord rack via midi from the machinedrum…they’re both fed on individual audio channels to my mixer, with midi out from MD to Midi in Nord…

I then have the nord set to midi channel 1 and the MD kit set to MIDI 1…i can hear the sound when i manually trigger the MD track, but it wont work through a pattern?

Any help would be great.

Thanks

All clearly explained on manual, " midi machines…"

Ive read the manual, gone through all the sections on MIDI Machines but cant find anything that might fix the issue…maybe something to do with the pattern aspect?

In normal operation, the MD will send a MIDI message no matter what machines are assigned to its tracks. Can you confirm that you have actually assigned a MID machine on the appropriate channel on one of the MD’s tracks? What MIDI note have you assigned to the trig(s) in your pattern?

After that, we can check things in more detail.

First make sûre in global parameter that MD is not outputing his own info by putting it on “–” instead of “1-4” by std

Second kit édit à track and choose midi machine 1 for channel 1 2 for channel2…

Third pût some trig on this track, paramètre lock note value on extended mode

And voilà…
If it dont work, check the mid channel on your. Clavia
And try another midi câble.

3 Likes

Thanks Peter/LFO…made the simple adjustment from Classic to Extended and reset the track to MID-01 and all good!!

Thanks for all the help, still getting used to the MD, but finding out what a beast it is!!!

All the best

2 Likes