Machinedrum SPS1-UW X.10 Released [ Unofficial ]

No you can’t use the digi style boxes and midi interfaces like this. You’ll need to just get a cheap usb to midi interface like the old m-audio duo or similar.

1 Like

Yes, buy an Uno and use it forever.

Does Transfer work for these firmware upgrades? I cannot get the send button to respond. It doesn’t indicate that the cursor is over it. In other words, it doesn’t even light up to be clicked on. All other ducks are in a row: the x.10 zip file has been dropped in the first
window and my TM-1 has been selected in the second window but just can’t send for some reason. Anyone know why?

Transfer doesn’t work with the older machines afaik, you need to use C6 to get TM1 speed boosts or Sysex Librarian. If windows has issues with the tm-1 plug it into a usb 2.0 hub.

1 Like

Thank you. They don’t explicitly say that it doesn’t work with the old machines afaik. I got it to work with C6 though. My second session of C6 attempts worked for some reason. Wish I knew what I did differently. Thank you again

Oh no one should buy this thing, I had it and it did had some kind of bad electrical influence on my PC which took me a while to trace back to this thing. I can’t remember exactely what it was, but it felt like an unsafe piece of blue cr_p.

1 Like

Ecch, that isn’t great.

The MIDIMan (pre M-Audio) Uno was one of my first synth purchases, 15-20 years ago and it’s been one of my best acquisitions, the longest-possessed tool in the arsenal.

It’s still rocking to where i use it over my RME interface whenever I want to update firmware. I did not have any hardware issues in whatever early generation (and drivers are still available/compatible with ones sold this year!)

Hopefully your experience was/is less common, appreciate the update on whatever more recent build quality.

Hello!
I’ve just installed x.10 on my MD UW MK2.
Pretty basic question: what can I do without connecting an MCL? I’m planning to get one in the future, but for now what can I enjoy?

Several New machines including neighbor FX & tonal mode for the new polyphonic machines some existing machines, solo mode (inverted muting). I think that’s all, it’s plenty though

5 Likes

thank you!
so for probability and advanced scale setup i need a mcl. think i’ll build one then, i got an arduino mega laying around…

… also crazy new LFO-waveforms :slight_smile:

So today I was playin with the MD , and encountered a system freeze , (all light light up , u can still move around but nothing works does this happen to others also I am using the latest version X10 works fine after restarting

Yeah this can happen with lots of GND machines with extra oscillators and nfx. What was your kit setup ooi?

1 Like

set up is tr1 bd tr 2 snare tr3 nfx compressor tr4 ufx tr 5 env
tr 6 synthengine tr 7 nfx compressor / envelope tr 8 combfilt
tr 9 synth 1 tr 10 comp tr 11 combfilter
tr 12 snare tr 13 comp tr 14 comb filter
tr 15 reverb tr 16 echo
so yeah probably to much machines , was a try out too have 5 sounds with some nice control sounds great so probably use just half of this setup would be better. so but good to know there is a limit as how much u can use

1 Like

Nice, yeah bit busy and heavy on the dsp.
My mk1 can start audio glitching with kits like this before it freezes.
Would really like to know how this sounded tho!