Machinedrum SPS1-UW X.10 Released [ Unofficial ]

My apology, the latency doesn’t come from the MD but from my FX processing…^^It’s all good now

2 Likes

My Machinedrum has started doing a first-time boot every time I turn it on now. Says “Initiating” “Unpacking Factory Data” “Loading Samples”. Lost a bit of work.

I wonder if it’s the battery but I replaced it just a couple years ago.

May try downgrading.

Wonderful work here, as before. I’m still on X.04 but I will try this out soon. I tried searching but maybe someone can confirm/deny: is there a user guide for this available somewhere, beyond what’s in the changelog? I’d be happy to help contribute to one with some practical examples.

1 Like

share some here :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Thanks for the link, I’ll check it out - looks useful already at first glance!

With X.05 is there any way to MIDI record and playback FUNC+knob movements to a DAW (like, live controlling all parameters)?

My use case is that I am trying to multitrack my machinedrum solo live set to make an EP. I’d like to be able to record all my knob movements from one “live” take, then re-play the knob movements over MIDI while recording single tracks.

I’m thinking this isn’t possible and since FUNC+knob emits no MIDI, I will have to record the knob movements on just one channel and then copy/paste the CC track to the other channels as I record each of them.

does an actual ctrl all machine respond to midi? (rather than func + knob)
I guess it eats a track though.

1 Like

That might work! I recorded the individual midi parts for the track I’m working on now but I may have to try that for the next track. Thanks!

If you enable Enhanced MIDI via SYSEX all params will be transmitted when performing func + param (forgot to document this).

See the readme file for: 0x3E Enhanced MIDI Enable:

5 Likes

Just about to update from the last official OS - do I need to go via x.04? And is there any risk at all of bricking the unit?

Thanks to all involved in this brilliant work!

FWIW, with a similar setup, I too had a failure in the middle of updating on my first attempt, but a second attempt worked. (and a third for the fun of it)

MacOS 11.5.2 -> SysexLibraian -> TM-1 -> MDUW+MKII

No USB hubs or anything else in the hardware chain.

Sysex Librarian speeds were set to defaults:

Pause Between Messages: 0ms
Sysex Receive Timeout: 1 second
Transmit Speed: 100% (3125 bytes/sec)
Transmit Buffer Size: Default

The update took under 10 mins.

The only difference about the successful second attempt was that, after restarting the MD into the boot menu, I noticed the Turbo light on the TM-1 had gone out at some point. I cycled the Turbo mode/button on the TM-1 a few times. Can’t promise that was the fix, but I ran the upgrade a third time just to test my experience and it worked again.

Same here, when the MD is synced to my OT it freezes. I think I have base channel as 10.
I noticed that it happens after a little while but it’s happening every time.
Turning it off and on again solves it for a while, not sure what the issue is or if I have set something up incorrectly. Maybe I should try to setting the base channel to “–”.
Are you still having issues?

(Daniel- Højbjerg!?!?!) :slight_smile:

Do you have something plugged in the MIDI IN of the OT?

Nothing is plugged into the OT. OT is the master.

1 Like

Machinedrum X.05C Hotfix :hot_pepper:

** Bug Fixes **

• Improve stability when performing pattern changes via MIDI notes defined in the Control Map Editor.

Machinedrum_SPS1-UW_OS_X.05C.zip
mdx_4

16 Likes

Sadly the new patch didn’t solve the issue for me with strt mode :

• i’m still getting tempo drifts when the pattern change MIDI notes are received by the MD (as sync slave).
  • i also notice that the trig notes for each track, that where initialy spread on the 4 base channels (1 to 4 in my case), are now all grouped on channel 1 (but maybe it was on purpose).

For now, the only way i found to keep the clock of the MD stable is to let tempo internal in the settings and receive the ctrl in from my daw.

1 Like

I just compared against 1.63

• 1.63 also has the tempo drift in STRT mode when slaved.
  • Pattern changing only responds on base channel in X.05, as opposed to base channel group in 1.63.
1 Like

Hi Justin,
Thks to clarify these points.
Regarding the drifting behavior, I think i’ll directly take an eventual advice from the Elektron support. Or maybe someone here found a way to advoid this issue using an external sync ?

Thanks so much, this solved my problem with crashing or UI becoming unresponsive.

Maybe someone can help me out a bit, it’s been a long time since I have messed around with the midi settings on my MD.

Basically I just want the MD to follow the banks and patterns of my master which is the OT.

I am not interested in controlling the MD from a controller, keyboard or my DAW.
Nor do I want the MD to control anything other than have output on the midi machines.

I have set program change to channel “10” and base channel to “10-14”

I have removed everything from the Map editor, as I dont think this is relevant for my use (For now)

When I set base channel to “–” the MD does not respond to pattern changes.

Does this seem correct?

From the manual:
“If the MIDI base channel is turned below “1-4” it will display “–”. The Machine-
drum will then not send out nor react to MIDI data. System common and System
real time MIDI messages, such as MIDI timing and MIDI synchronization, are not
affected. Use the “–” setting when you want to control other synthesizers but not
have them react to the internal sequencer of the Machinedrum. You can of course
still control other synths using the MIDI machines.”

Thanks so much for this hotfix and all the work that has been done.

Warning: feature request incoming… sorry :slight_smile:

My favourite sub bass generator is the Monomachine. Pure digital sines, low low low, and you can dial in how much grit you want to add on top. GND-SN can almost do it but is one octave too high. How would you feel about adding a GND-SUB that is tuned one octave lower? All I personally need is one sine but if you wanted to make it more complete, some ideas would be mixing between sub and triangle, variable distortion, tempo synced tremolo…

Love the work already done here and would die happy if nothing is added. Cheers :slight_smile:

7 Likes