Machinedrum SPS1-UW X.10 Released [ Unofficial ]

What’s the source of the clock ?

1 Like

Master is Deluge out running into Monomachine thru to MDUW mkII.

Running into a bit of a nightmare scenario after attempting to upgrade to X.07 from X.05c. After sending the update via sysex, I’m getting a red screen of death. I can still access the boot menu but only sometimes and I’m seeing glitched pixels on the screen.

I can sometimes access the MIDI upgrade screen but when I try to send sysex via SysEx librarian, the random trig buttons light up and the machinedrum freezes.

Any advice on how to fix or where I can send to for repair? Thanks.

Battery?

1 Like

I’d be surprised if it was the battery since it was working fine right before I attempted the upgrade.

1 Like

Likely a coincidence you’re seeing it during the OS upgrade.

7 Likes

a battery can just start quitting.

happens to my damn mouse all the time :rage:

@JustinValer sounds better tho :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Just replaced the battery and my MD is working again, guess it was just a coincidence that it went as I was upgrading. It even booted up the new firmware so I guess it was able to transfer even with a dead battery.

Thanks so much for the help everyone, now it’s time to dive into the new MCL manual and get rockin.

2 Likes

have you noticed the same thing?
my Best

Nope. And nobody has been able to provide me with a repeatable example.

Are you able to filter the MIDI stream and work out which messages are causing the freeze ?

4 Likes

I’ve filtering my Machine Drum MIDI OUT with a MidiBlokas monitor.
With the x0.4 version i can see the ProgramChange output message corresponding to the pattern in play.
With the x0.7 version , it sends a program change message but it’s always a 00PC message whatever the pattern.
I will try later to re-update the MD to the x0.7 version. It’s perhaps an imcompatibility with the fact i made the songs with old version.
Thanks for your time.
You’ve made a amazing update with these hack OS…

1 Like

I’ll have to check.

My sincerest apologies Justin - reloaded version seven and rechecked my connections and the MD was actually getting midi from the TR-8S and when I went to the multimap page while running f it was clearly cycling through notes like crazy. Changed midi in and all is well. So the lesson here is that user error must be ruled out more than once :frowning:

3 Likes

Good to know. Cheers.

best use warning.

if you have (for example) a pattern & saved kit with NFX-UC and NFX-CO on tracks 7+8 processing a synth machine on track 6, and then load a new pattern which loads a different kit that has no machines or trigs on track 7+8 then the NFX won’t be cleared from previous kit (until you trig tracks 7&8).

This can result in loud undesired noises if you do have a machine active on track 6 that feeds the previous NFX (like an NFX-CO with it’s make up gain high). It’s confusing and unsettling at first cos it’s new MD territory.

There are ways around this with planning your NFX placements or adding trigs to “reset” those tracks.

6 Likes

Does someone have an audio example of Ring Mod within NFX-EV? I’m familiar with Ring Mod but can’t seem to get this feature to work within NFX-EV - might be due to lack of understanding but every other parameter within NFX-EV works for me. Running latest version on MDUW MK1

amazing work Justin, can’t wait to try it. A friend just told me. Hope you’re doing well - are you in Melb?

1 Like

Yes :kangaroo:

4 Likes

Any chance the way (un)muting works (where its delayed/late) could be fixed?

Do you mean you’d prefer ‘audio’ mute rather ‘trigger’ mute ?
I personally love this behavior and wished it was the same on, for instance, the Octatrack.

3 Likes