Machinedrum SPS1-UW X.10 Released [ Unofficial ]

I had the same issue. I had to change the upload speed. I havenā€™t done it in so long, but, If I remember I set it to 30ms and it werked.

Away from gear, so I canā€™t look it up right now. But try transfer speed. Apparently too fast or too slow is no good.

I was used to C6 which was already set for the boxes. Librarian was foreign to me.

1 Like

Right, Iā€™ll try it again with different intervals

That said, itā€™s taking me about 12-13 hours per attempt with slower speedsā€¦ itā€™s downright frustrating

Ya thatā€™s not right. Should be about 10-15min if I recall.

1 Like

Hi, can someone share the discord invite again please?

2 Likes

Machinedrum X.07 released: :rabbit2:

Machinedrum_SPS1-UW_OS_X.07.zip

List of changes from Machinedrum SPS-1 OS X.06 to X.07
-------------------------------------------------------

** Bug Fixes **

- Parameter locks on a pattern's first step would be ignored on sequencer start.
- Song Mode would not honor row 0's repetition count when starting via MIDI transport.
37 Likes

Whatā€™s this about a Monomachine firmware update Iā€™m hearing about? :smirk:

1 Like

Discord chatter?

Ye, a new channel got added for the Monomachine but no new news yet!

1 Like

The Monomachine firmware update is in the github archive: https://github.com/jmamma/MCL/releases/download/4.20/Monomachine_SFX6-60_OS_X.01A.zip

2 Likes

Hey everyone. The lede has been buried here. There is big news with this updateā€¦if you have a MegaCMD/Megacommand:

:tada::tada::tada: Your MegaCMD/Megacommand running MCL now shows up as a class compliant USB MIDI device :tada::tada::tada:

Now your Machinedrum (with MC+MCL) can be a USB-Midi device

In addition, MegaCMD (not Megacommand DIY) devices also now can boot into USB mass storage mode, meaning you donā€™t need to remove your SD card to transfer samples. Itā€™s slow as hell, but it beats having to use a screwdriver.

4 Likes
List of changes from Monomachine OS 1.32B "Mindy" to X.01A "Eva"

Updates
_______

Monomachine will now transmit corresponding MIDI CC when muting/unmuting tracks.

Sysex
_______

SYSEX kit request:

MIDI Byte | Purpose
----------------------------------------
(SYSEX init)|
        $53 | Kit dump request ID
  %0aaaaaaa | Send kit number %0aaaaaa ( 0 to 127 )
  %00000001 | Optional parameter. If included, the workspace kit is dumped.

SYSEX kit sysex dump:

Kit version 64 supports transmitting to workspace.

MIDI Byte | Purpose
----------------------------------------
(SYSEX init)|
        $52 | Kit dump ID
        $40 | Version ID.1
        $1  | Version ID.2
  %0aaaaaaa | Kit originalPosition %0aaaaaa ( 0 to 127 )
  %0000000b | If version == $40 && b == 1, dump kit to workspace.
5 Likes

Whoa-ho-haaaa!

Thanks, team!

Thanks so much for the continued effort, much appreciated :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

So now we`re fully back in the game.
I hope someday individual track lengths and conditional trigs will be added.
Because MegaCommand controller is a pricy thing which is hard to get in my area.

2 Likes

I really want to try out this firmware but Iā€™m terrified of bricking my Machinedrum. Is there a way to revert back to factory settings if this firmware doesnt work out?

1 Like

You can always restore back. No risk of bricking. Just back up your device before updating.

2 Likes

Thanks micabeza for the super quick reply! This is embarrassing but Iā€™ve actually never backed up my MD before, just my OTā€¦is it a similar process? Thereā€™s no USB port on my MkII non UW.

Thereā€™s no usb port on anybodyā€™s machinedrum. You need to do a sysex dump over midi cables.

5 Likes