Machinedrum SPS1-UW X.10 Released [ Unofficial ]

Not part of the development team, but I can answer with relative certainty that its not happening anytime soon. Even if possible (which might not even be the case due to CPU and/or hardware limitations), many problems come up for such a circumstantial feature. Would be so cool though, so hope i get proved wrong.

3 Likes

Thanks for the answer, I donā€™t know anything about programming and the internal structure of MD, it would be convenient in some situations and two rows of LEDs in that position are ideal. I am happy however that the inputs seem to have good headroom (I havenā€™t had the instrument in a long time and Iā€™m still learning how to use it).

Thank you so much guys @v-yadli @JustinValer those new machines are fun and Iā€™m sure Iā€™m barely even using them. I came across a weird problem on my MD where after saving a song the md will revert to using the previous songs kit on every pattern except A1. Weird issue but I found the solution to be to go back and replace each pattern with your desired kit (just learned that was possible lol). Lost a few songs before this from thinking reinstalling OS/empty resets were the solution smh and had to go back and redo like 120 patterns on the new song Iā€™m working on. Not sure if anyone else has this happening on their MDs but made a post for it earlier and this is the solution that worked for me. Thanks again for your service guys really brought a lot of joy back into life with the upgrades! :beers:

hereā€™s the post btw if anyone is interested: MD - Song Mode pulling kit data from previous song/kit?

1 Like

Does anyone else regularly run into issues with parts of the UI becoming unresponsive? Iā€™ll be working or jamming and suddenly I can no longer edit steps, change record mode, or switch patterns.

1 Like

The only thing Iā€™ve encountered is when Iā€™m in grid rec mode, sometimes Iā€™m unable to remove or add trigs. Pressing rec twice to exit and come back to grid rec mode has always done the trick though. Iā€™ve had this behaviour about five times in the past year and literally hundreds of hours of use. As itā€™s been pretty rare, I havenā€™t been able to figure out what makes it happen. Iā€™m not really bothered by it anyway. No unresponsiveness whatsoever otherwise.

Machinedrum X.06 released: :rocket:

Machinedrum_SPS1-UW_OS_X.06.zip

Changes:

** Solo Mode **

Solo Mode from within the Mute menu, is now accessible via [ Func ] + [ YES ].

** Bug Fixes **

Re-Allow MIDI track triggering from any channel in base channel range
Some tracks could become unmuted on sequencer stop start.
Enhanced MIDI would process corrupt MIDI messages at Turbo speeds.

Sysex Additons:
---------------

SYSEX load kit:

MIDI Byte | Purpose
----------------------------------------
(SYSEX init)|
        $58 | Load kit ID
  %00aaaaaa | Load kit %aaaaaa (0 to 63).
            |       if %aaaaaa > 63 load the undo kit.
        $f7 |
27 Likes

Nice, thanks !
The kit selection via sysex always existed, doesnā€™t it ?

yes, but if the kit value is greater than 63, it now will load the undo kit

4 Likes

I see. How is it different from reloading the current kit ?

9 Likes

Ha, right !

recorded earlier today with the new firmware. I ended up removing the Megacommand to focus on the Hapax drum tracks, to learn those. but its going back in for this weeks weekly beats, updates and all.

6 Likes

Hi, Justin.
I dont see classic / extended mode kit switch bugfix in release notes to X.06.
Is it there?
Also kit or sample per step feature would be nice addition.

Itā€™s there, the fix is implemented across the two firmwares (MCL 4.10 and X.06) and does not relate to standalone MD function.

3 Likes

Does it mean that we can now trigger the MCL tracks from an external sequencer using midi notes and/or program change as before with the MD ? Or am I misunderstanding that bit ?

(Iā€™m sorry if Iā€™m always bringing that up, Iā€™m juste praying for this feature since I have whole tracks with lots of different patterns that used to be triggered by the OT in song mode)

I just read the changelog about it

• Program Change IN and OUT:

Added Config -> Midi -> PRG MODE option, with two Program Change receive Modes, BASIC and ADVANCED

Basic: Program Change Receive will ā€œGroup Loadā€ an entire row according to Load Page mode and Group Select settings.

Advanced: Program change receive will set the row for slots to be loaded from.
MIDI notes C3 and upwards on port 2 can be used to select slots to be loaded.

In this way, you can load any slot (or multiple slots) using a combination of Program Change + MIDI note.

If Program Change is not received before MIDI note on/off, MCL will load from the current selected GUI row.

Slot loading occurs when all MIDI notes are released. MCL cannot load instantaneously, there is a minimum 1 bar delay.

Config -> Midi -> PRG IN sets the receive channel for Program Change and Note messages.
Config -> Midi -> PRG OUT sets the send channel for Program Change messages, which are sent when loading slots or rows.

Is the minimum 1 bar delay still a thing in Basic mode ?

Yes. It takes time to load from the SD Card, but also the Machine/Kit data needs to be transmitted to the MD via MIDI and this cannot happen instantaneously.

2 Likes

Just noticed a bug: The first trigā€™s p-locks in any track in any pattern are not being applied on Play. Put another way the very first played trigsā€™ p-locks arenā€™t working.

3 Likes

Confirmed.

3 Likes

Can someone maybe confirm that itā€™s safe to update the firmware via MIDI-USB Cable?