Machinedrum SPS1-UW X.05: the living documentation

yeah takes some experimentation to get used to the EV envelope staging.

starting with everything at 0 and building upwards at various stages can help with understanding the shaping.

LFOs on the attack and parts of the release stages can get amazing grooves

Yeah i tried that too really organic sound. But the delay is not working for me. Maybe its very very small like a phasecontroll for the ringmodulator that would make sense i guess if u use it like that.

Btw is there any way to get a mcl in germany or a pcp. Not a diy pro but i would love to play some machines with a keyboard. I guess there is no way to do that without mcl right?

You could map out the tracks pitch CC to notes with a Midi processor.

The EV delay only affects the far neighbour.

Never worked with cc messages at least not on purpose. I have to see if i got anything that handles these maybe my mpc or a programm on my pc. Anybody did it and can share some ideas? Or does anybody have a chart for the midi cc?

Hi @Synthpatic
just order a unit @ megacmd.com . It takes some time to arrive. I got mine (Leipzig) after 6 weeks. So you have to be patient.
For the midi cc thingie: you should try MidiOX. It’s very helpfull for something like that. But the mapping setup will be a pain in the ass :wink:

2 Likes

MDs CC assignments are listed in the MD manual.

Some kind of translator like MIDI Translator Classic | Bome Software

2 Likes

Uuh thanks for the link. But pricey bought my md for 350 EUR and they wanz 350 USD for the mcl. U could get a keystep for that money.

it does work but it’s not easy to program.
You can download bome midi converter, I may try to help you.
Midi CC are working. YOu have to create and define the note to CC conversions.
then eventually to have a “note rotation/CC rotation = message rotation on a defined track number”
you can ask on the bome forum mods are great help.

1 Like

Thanks a lot. Right now i am preparing a liveset but i guess next week i got time for checking out the cc route.

Really love the elektronautscommunity i learned a lot here. Thank u all

1 Like

It’s 360 Australian dollars, or 240 euro, which is pretty cheap for what it actually does. It’s just one guy making them as a passion project - if you don’t need the extra functionality don’t buy it.

4 Likes

True. Really thankfull for people doing stuff like that. Got the inoffical update and i love it.

:slight_smile: ok, I also have a M4L max for live (cool if you use ableton)
which do the job.
DM if interested I will send you the patch code.

I finally bought the Megacommand because it also has other functionnalities.
But for poly you can have Max4L patches.

If you do not have money it’s a good compromise :wink:
Cheers ++

1 Like

I got the code now and i made a m4l project with that. everything seems right but i can not export the device as a m4l device. i use the version that comes with ableton do i need the standalone? anyone wif similar problems?

One step further now i can save but something is missing. i dont see anything in the device just when i open it. or is it meant to be like that?

you need to save it as project. from there on you can export an amxd.

Got that amxd from chancla now. Troed the right channels but it works lile a kind of rotary trigger right now. I kind of gave up.

it’s basically the idea, the poly is working as a rotating trigger… If you press 4 notes in the same time you should have 4 track triggered

Never mind i think i dont need anything like that anymore i will just get a synthesizer for my next gig. Maybe the analog keys or my euro lets see.