Machinedrum SPS1-UW X.05: the living documentation

MDs CC assignments are listed in the MD manual.

Some kind of translator like MIDI Translator Classic | Bome Software

2 Likes

Uuh thanks for the link. But pricey bought my md for 350 EUR and they wanz 350 USD for the mcl. U could get a keystep for that money.

it does work but it’s not easy to program.
You can download bome midi converter, I may try to help you.
Midi CC are working. YOu have to create and define the note to CC conversions.
then eventually to have a “note rotation/CC rotation = message rotation on a defined track number”
you can ask on the bome forum mods are great help.

1 Like

Thanks a lot. Right now i am preparing a liveset but i guess next week i got time for checking out the cc route.

Really love the elektronautscommunity i learned a lot here. Thank u all

1 Like

It’s 360 Australian dollars, or 240 euro, which is pretty cheap for what it actually does. It’s just one guy making them as a passion project - if you don’t need the extra functionality don’t buy it.

4 Likes

True. Really thankfull for people doing stuff like that. Got the inoffical update and i love it.

:slight_smile: ok, I also have a M4L max for live (cool if you use ableton)
which do the job.
DM if interested I will send you the patch code.

I finally bought the Megacommand because it also has other functionnalities.
But for poly you can have Max4L patches.

If you do not have money it’s a good compromise :wink:
Cheers ++

1 Like

I got the code now and i made a m4l project with that. everything seems right but i can not export the device as a m4l device. i use the version that comes with ableton do i need the standalone? anyone wif similar problems?

One step further now i can save but something is missing. i dont see anything in the device just when i open it. or is it meant to be like that?

you need to save it as project. from there on you can export an amxd.

Got that amxd from chancla now. Troed the right channels but it works lile a kind of rotary trigger right now. I kind of gave up.

it’s basically the idea, the poly is working as a rotating trigger… If you press 4 notes in the same time you should have 4 track triggered

Never mind i think i dont need anything like that anymore i will just get a synthesizer for my next gig. Maybe the analog keys or my euro lets see.

can you not record live encoder moves [automation to p-locks] on the NFX machines?

Ok this documentation is pretty much dead.
I’m curious about all the features I get over the stock os.
I have scoured the internet and found nothing that seems current and complete.
Where are the features itemized?

think you can find on a text file inside the Firmware folder

3 Likes

Yes, like @elektrobot7 said, all the changes and added features can be found in the readme file when you open the zip file in the opening post of this thread. Just scroll down the document and you can see all the updates in reverse chronological order.

2 Likes

Ok. Unzipping readmes kinda sux. I feel very fortunate it worked on my iPad though. Is listing the features prominently considered selling out? …

1 Like

Yeah, you gotta dig to figure out what this firmware does. And I’m personally not able to get the ringmod to work. Also can’t get anything out of the sidechain compression unless I really crank the makeup setting. Video tutorials on these new tricks would be sick!

1 Like