Machinedrum SPS1-UW X.04 Released [ Unofficial ]

Is there any documentation around unpacking/packing the firmware sysex someone could share with me? I’ve done projects like this before and wanted to investigate changing the E12 samples and the drum samples in the Monomachine but would rather not have to reverse engineer the whole thing myself :slight_smile:

2 Likes

@th0mas there is some info from their earlier research on this thread https://github.com/jmamma/MIDICtrl20_MegaCommand/issues/88. It wasn’t enough for me to get any meaningful results but I’m totally new to firmware reverse engineering so that’s not too surprising!

I did ask on here if they could share more info but I think the devs wanted to wait to hear what Elektron had to say to avoid annoying them. Personally would love to find out more, just from a curiosity point of view more than anything!

1 Like

:elmd: :loopy:

18 Likes

Please, tell us more :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

3 Likes

it is not possible to reinstall the original os from electron??

@JustinValer
Hey Justin, just joined and can’t seem to be able to PM.
I’m looking to get hold of a pre-built Megacommand, could you let me know how I could do that? Thanks, D

Was playing with Machinedrum today since getting the Model:Cycles and playing with that the past couple months. Man I would kill for just Nudge functionality on MD. Just that! I had to sample a machine with lead-in silence to fake it, requiring 2 tracks due to the sample cutting itself off if trigs too close to each other. Quite a time consuming hack just to get triplets! (and yeah I’m definitely going to try hooking up M:C to MD)

1 Like

You got me really curious here :face_with_monocle:

1 Like

Ive installed the latest firmware on my uw mk1 with no plusdrive, now i cant access the ram machines!? Any ideas?

Hey @Abel,

Dev here.
Please try this version:

Elektron_SPS1-1UW_OS-X.02.syx (1.6 MB)

To all having the RAM machine disappearing problem:
Sorry for the delay for the fix – we were attacking other problems as well, and planning to release them in one version. But this is taking too long, so please go ahead and try X.02 – basically 1.71 with version changes to indicate that this is a 3rd party FW, plus the RAM machine fix.

7 Likes

Thats the fastest answer ive ever got!

Will try it later tonight!

My megacommand pcb is staring at me waiting to order components when im not broke…

Can i still use this chain with megacommand coupled to md:

Md-ak-mnm-nord modular?

Ive daisychained midi this way so i can play all synth voices with ak, although now ill probably have the ak as master because md will become like a synth because megacommand?

If you have problem with the MIDI upgrade (the upgrade failed screen), try this one:

Open up the task manager, and boost the priority of your SYSEX program to “High”:

Especially effective if you have Chrome running – it usually runs at “above normal” priority and may kick the SYSEX program out for hundreds of milliseconds – MD is not OK with this :smiley:

Hmm. Would not work out-of-box, MC currently doesn’t support channel multiplexing (that’s 3 things connected to it, MC currently supports two).

I still haven’t installed the latest OS for my A4, I’m wondering if you could get separate MIDI channels? If so we could just forward that to Nord (multiplexing done on AK).

Topology:

MD-[In+Out]-MC-[In+Out]-AK-[Thru]-Nord

-or-

Nord-[Thru]-MD-[In+Out]-MC-[In+Out]-AK

Config MC:

Midi Clock: 2
Midi Fwd: 1->2 or 2->1, depends on the topology.

Im only using the md as clock, should have mentioned that… What i want is to play everything on ak, with this i play and use mnm both for itself and to sequence the nord, and would like to play the md polyphonically with the ak

Then midi FWD will take care of it.

MCL Global Settings -> MachineDrum -> CTRL CHAN: [ INT, OMNI, 1-16 ]

When set to OMNI or a specific channel, the MCL/MD chromatic mode will respond to external MIDI note and CC messages.

Note: MIDI FWD (another option), will forward MIDI to the MD, but bypass the MCL firmware.

1 Like

You guys make me get christmas feels already!

Meanwhile im not having the megacommand ready, can I expect more awesome features in the md os? Like individual track lengths and new.machines? Maybe change E12 sounds? Haha maybe asking too much but you guys already blew it out of the park with this one :slight_smile:

1 Like

I´m impressed. Upgrading was a breeze, building the firmware aswell before that. Now, to learn how it works is another matter! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Just got a Machinedrum and was puzzled by the OS version until I found this thread. Still learning the machine and having a great time doing so, but I’ll contribute here once I know more. Appreciate all the work done here and the still vibrant Machinedrum community!

My boot screen says: [“J” 1.71] and does not boot past this menu. Any suggestions? I have MD Sps-1 UW.

Same thing happens with X.02