Machinedrum SPS1-UW X.04 Released [ Unofficial ]

YES, PLZ!

5 Likes

Does this mean Elvis may have left the building!?!?

1 Like

You guys should be hired by Elektron to put the Machinedrum on par with the other Elektron Machines and get paid for what you’ve already done.

On par : Trig Conditions, Step Length, Microtiming, …

4 Likes

I have updated my MD SPS-1 (original 2-bar) with C6 this morning and everything’s good.

1 Like

i can confirm this is also the case for me … unable to rename samples… with sample manager …
but im unsure if this is due to the fact that i had not named them before ? … because before upgrading i had a ROM set full of un named “. . . . .” samples that i just didnt get around to naming yet … and they were carried to the new X0.4 so im not sure if this is the issue or if its just not possible to RNAME in X0.4

yes it appeared i wasnt able to make a topic post … until granted the “trust” permission…
i did that now tho … not sure if it shows up tho …

May i make a request? for a future upgrade…

1.Please allow us to remove notes in play+rec mode with the EXIT/NO button ala … monomachine style… this would be totally awesomer…

1. Is it possible to add a LOCKS menu to the Copy/Paste/Clear function … when in step edit mode, to function removing all locks on an existing track or copying and pasting them to a new track ?..

Also … possible to allow entering notes when a track is muted? this is one of the features i also really like in the Monomachine … and would be great to find on the Machinedrum too

2 Likes

I agree that the this is a feature not a bug…btw…THANK YOU FOR THIS! First time finding my way back to Elektronauts in probably a decade or more…this is “Shagghie” (aka Highsage) from 20 years ago through 2010 or so… :slight_smile: This MD OS update got me back out of the woodwork, and am about to fire up the green-display/LED machinedrum again for the first time in quite a while!

14 Likes

I still remember your green MD.

Welcome back.

2 Likes

i commented on that threat just now, but in my experience, never noticed this after 10+ years banging on two machine drums.

Hey Justin! Thank you… good to be back. Is there individual track length per part at this point? that was only reason i stepped away from MD at one point…

1 Like

Honestly, that would be the icing on the cake, PLEASE :pray:

3 Likes

The MegaCommand will give you the modern sequencer upgrade for the MD. Individual track length/scales, microtiming, conditional trigs etc…

6 Likes

I noticed that @JustinValer had actually posted on that thread too and confirmed the bug years ago! Crazy that’s who I was corresponding with.

I’m just shocked no one else seems to care. It literally trips me up every time I use it. So badly that I just sequence it from other gear. It’s still a great drum synth, even without messing with internal sequencing…

1 Like

Thank you!

Thanks a lot!

I was wondering: which Midi-Interface could be used?
Any idea if it is working with the old Elektron “Turbo” Midi-interface and MacOS (Catalina)?

Cheers

1 Like

Wow, that’s absolutely amazing! Thank you so much!

As Ballmer has said so well: Steve Ballmer: Developers - YouTube

5 Likes

Any midi-interface should work fine. Just beware of super cheap “no-brand” usb-to-midi cables since many have experienced them being broken and not able transmit sysex messages

1 Like

Just wanted to add my hearty thanks to the other posts here. Thankyou so much for spending your considerable time on developing this platform.

3 Likes