Machinedrum SPS1-UW X.04 Released [ Unofficial ]

Wow, this is amazing. Thank you!

Also, how does one get a Megacommand? I have 0 soldering skills so would prefer to buy built. Anyone?

I just heard about this update and itā€™s awesome to see a future with the MD! I never thought that would happen!!!

Anyone know if thereā€™s a place that we can put a bug list (for the original OS, not necessarily 1.70)?

The one bug that absolutely kills the MD for me is that unmuting sounds is delayed by approximately 1/8th step, so if I unmute on the beat I donā€™t hear the drum sounds for another 1/8th step. Iā€™ve posted elsewhere and others agreed that this is how it works - which is quite a huge problem when playing the MD!

This problem doesnā€™t occur on their other devices (have monomachines and analog four/keys).

I didnā€™t see this fix listed in the changelog.

2 Likes

The topic that most closely resembles a bug list is this one:

The behaviour when unmuting that you described happens with my MD, too. Itā€™s a real annoyance, so itā€™d be cool if this could be fixed in a future firmware release.

The only other thing Iā€™d ask for in a future firmware would be a set of 909ish hihat/cymbal sounds. Since I donā€™t own a UW version itā€™s a real bummer thereā€™s no way to get 909is hihats/crash/cymbal sounds with it. If I had those the MD would be a everything I need for a DAW-less Acid setup (with two 303 clones at the inputs of the MD).

If thereā€™d be a feature enhanced firmware update Iā€™d even pay for it (I did this with JJOS for my MPC, too).

1 Like

Upcoming feature: There will be a new machine, TRX-S2.

32 Likes

:open_mouth:

:star_struck:

Now this is headline deserving news. Going by the name. sounds like another snare module. :+1:

I seem to remember the party line from Elektron regarding MD updates was that the code memory was full. Is there a reasonable amount of space to add without removing features?

Unbelievable !!!

please make fimware for digitakt and create git for open source :star_struck:

will TRX-S2 --> TRX-SD like TRX-B2 --> TRX-BD?

TRX-B2 is still one of the most monumental digital kick synthesisms ever.
Iā€™m worried iā€™ll be having TRX-S2 fever dreams and wish youā€™d kept schtumm until release.

1 Like

Too late. Already had a couple. :confused:

1 Like

Can you add Solo function pls??!!

2 Likes

if devs are threatening new machines iā€™m gonna have to call out the PI-MA, always wondered what that would be like with a sine/different noise source.

1 Like

such a great work, congratulation for the devs, I think Iā€™m not the only one that would love having different lenght & scales per pattern and conditional trigs there, I would even pay for that update

just saying

3 Likes

If MnM and MD got conditionals and scale/track the 2nd hand market would probably go(even more) nuts.

5 Likes

as much as iā€™d love to see that happen, iā€™m not sure how it could even work as every knob on every page already has a function!

1 Like

Key combos dude.

4 Likes

Iā€™ve been having my right master out go low volume for me for a while now, was mucking around again today same problem, found this thread and updated the O/S to 1.70, problem gone. Not sure whatā€™s going on, looking forward to the TRX mk2 release. thanks guys

1 Like

waw this is amazing