Machinedrum SPS1-UW X.04 Released [ Unofficial ]

I wonder if it would be possible to tweak the MD firmware to send MIDI messages when a track is (un)muted, any ideas how complex this would be @JustinValer?

I’d like to be able to record my “performance” (mutes, parameter changes) as MIDI control data and then tweak it later, but unfortunately it seems the MD does not send a message when a track is (un)muted from the device.

2 Likes

Hi ! Can someone tell me if this annoying bug I signaled yeeeeears ago have been cleared ?

Here was the original thread : Stickies / MD bug - #3 by avantronica

years ago I sent the info to Elektron, without any success. So, here is the bug :

when the MD is slaved to the OT, if you want the MD to follow the pattern changes of the OT WITHOUT waiting for the end of the current pattern, the only solution is to send a midi note at the beginning of each pattern (on the OT) and to use note midi mapping on the MD. OK, but when you do this, each first step sound of the pattern playing on the MD is doubled (“BBoum” instead of “Boum”)

The only way to get rid of this problem is not to use de tempo sync on the 2 machines. This way, the sound is not doubled anymore. But of course, you cannot change the tempo anymore on the OT, because if you do so, the MD won’t follow.

1 Like

i was just dreaming about this. would certainly be a game changer…

2 Likes

There is a Solo option on the megacommand

1 Like

Finally created an account just to say thanks for this OS release!

3 Likes

https://youtu.be/6Ci_QPOyeu4

mdx_4

16 Likes

What did I just watch? :man_shrugging:t2:

2 Likes

level up

1 Like

Hector uses Userwave Mk2+! It’s super effective! Nice…

1 Like

Just to clarify a bit, no userwaves are involved here! :wink:
And both MK1 and MK2 units are going to receive X upgrade, very soon.

6 Likes

From Elektron or from a third-party?

It should be XX for its 20th anniversary.

i have no idea what’s going on here lol

2 Likes

FYI, in case you guys missed this one: Machinedrum SPS1-UW OS 1.71 Released [ Unofficial ]

Then there were X.02, X.03, and soon, X.04

5 Likes

whoaaaaaaaaaaq

GND- Sine Pro, Saw, Pulse ??? :thinking:

1 Like

Yep.

GND-SN-PRO is 4x GND-SN stacked together :slight_smile:

10 Likes

That rules! Is that using 4 tracks for polyphony or are they contained in one machine?

One machine, 4 voices, so you’ll get up to 64 OSCs!
Other models, GND-PU and GND-SW, get 3 OSCs, because we implement variable waveform (SKEW for SAW, and WIDTH for PULSE) and there’s got to be a knob for it

12 Likes

SKEW: allows smooth transition between SAW and TRI

7 Likes

6 Likes