Machinedrum SPS1-UW X.04 Released [ Unofficial ]

Will this still work?

I have a Machinedrum UW no +drive

can I upload relevant firmware to both devices?

Thanks!

1 Like

This is mind-blowing but being risk adverse kind of nervous trying it.

3 Likes

Great work @JustinValer and @v-yadli

Excited to get this implemented with my Megacommand!

2 Likes

this

1 Like

Out of interest, what issue does inverted phase cause? Is it just if you are sequencing some samples on the MD itself (so they are not inverted) and some externally? Or can the ear detect the inverted phase or something?

1 Like

This one is on the to-do list.

9 Likes

Interesting. I wasn’t aware that you could “hear” phase, learn something new everything day!

1 Like

You can’t hear phase reversal when you listen to a single channel.

But when you mix two channels, and you reverse phase on one of those, they can cancel (or strengthen) each other which you can most certainly hear.

4 Likes

Sure, it sounds like the issue being discussed here though is that the phase is incorrect when the MD is triggered by MIDI and this is somehow audible on its own? Or maybe I’ve totally misunderstood :slight_smile:

BOOOOOOM

Was that the MD E-FM kick or my cranium? I’ll let you decide.

5 Likes

So in english, will this be useful for anyone with a Machinedrum right now, or is this mainly for MegaCommand users?

2 Likes

I asked a similar question earlier… Is my minicommand a MEGACOMMAND? if not how can I make it a megacommand?

Can you buy megacommand? My minicommand looks like a megacommand.

Im confused.

4 Likes

Looks like it’s just for Megacommand users. I would loved an official update from elektron that made the midi sequencing on the MD be just like the Monomachine or octatrack. I don’t like having to select midi ch1 for all 16 steps to place a note on them. Long winded and archaic.

1 Like

Whats a Megacommand? Where can they be bought?

1 Like
1 Like

I know somewhere in that thread is a link to the hardware details. I ve scrolled several times to (re)find it, without success. Long thread…

@JustinValer it would make a lot of sense to put that link somewhere easy to find. I also didn t find it in the MCL 260 pdf doc.

2 Likes

Bloody hell… it all makes sense now…

The MegaCommand is the successor to the Minicommand. It is an open hardware/open software MIDI controller designed to enhance the functionality of the Machinedrum OS.

The development thread contains much of the backstory.

For the actual hardware design, the build instructions and software components see these links:

MegaCommand Hardware Design
MegaCommand MIDICTRL 20 (MCL firmware and software framework)

“So in english, will this be useful for anyone with a Machinedrum right now, or is this mainly for MegaCommand users?”

For current MD users we offer the ability to fix bugs and enhance the MIDI spec.

Adding meaningful firmware updates beyond this will depend upon Elektron’s reaction and support from the community.

20 Likes

Thanks for your reply Justin.

Can I still use this :point_up: with a non +drive MDUW

1 Like