Machinedrum SPS1-UW X.04 Released [ Unofficial ]

Wait. You’re aware that MCLive had this for quite some time now, right?

1 Like

Cool as hell, impressive!

If you know the processor running a box and it’s off the shelf then invariably there are dev tools available that can turn some representation of the firmware (give or take some kind of transpilation process) into lines of code in front of you.

But to actually make any sense of that, to debug it, to add to it; THAT is extremely hard without some reference to the original source code or dev environment. Obvious examples being variable names and code comments.

This is how the Akai MPC1000 JJ OS was possible. It was done by part of the original dev team so they had the actual proprietary development environment.

In addition something like an MD has lots of peripheral components; the screen, the buttons, the UW sampler, the +Drive etc. You have to know how the firmware interacts with all that guff too!

Very impressive stuff!

1 Like

Wow, this is amazing. Thank you!

Also, how does one get a Megacommand? I have 0 soldering skills so would prefer to buy built. Anyone?

I just heard about this update and it’s awesome to see a future with the MD! I never thought that would happen!!!

Anyone know if there’s a place that we can put a bug list (for the original OS, not necessarily 1.70)?

The one bug that absolutely kills the MD for me is that unmuting sounds is delayed by approximately 1/8th step, so if I unmute on the beat I don’t hear the drum sounds for another 1/8th step. I’ve posted elsewhere and others agreed that this is how it works - which is quite a huge problem when playing the MD!

This problem doesn’t occur on their other devices (have monomachines and analog four/keys).

I didn’t see this fix listed in the changelog.

2 Likes

The topic that most closely resembles a bug list is this one:

The behaviour when unmuting that you described happens with my MD, too. It’s a real annoyance, so it’d be cool if this could be fixed in a future firmware release.

The only other thing I’d ask for in a future firmware would be a set of 909ish hihat/cymbal sounds. Since I don’t own a UW version it’s a real bummer there’s no way to get 909is hihats/crash/cymbal sounds with it. If I had those the MD would be a everything I need for a DAW-less Acid setup (with two 303 clones at the inputs of the MD).

If there’d be a feature enhanced firmware update I’d even pay for it (I did this with JJOS for my MPC, too).

1 Like

Upcoming feature: There will be a new machine, TRX-S2.

32 Likes

:open_mouth:

:star_struck:

Now this is headline deserving news. Going by the name. sounds like another snare module. :+1:

I seem to remember the party line from Elektron regarding MD updates was that the code memory was full. Is there a reasonable amount of space to add without removing features?

Unbelievable !!!

please make fimware for digitakt and create git for open source :star_struck:

will TRX-S2 --> TRX-SD like TRX-B2 --> TRX-BD?

TRX-B2 is still one of the most monumental digital kick synthesisms ever.
I’m worried i’ll be having TRX-S2 fever dreams and wish you’d kept schtumm until release.

1 Like

Too late. Already had a couple. :confused:

1 Like

Can you add Solo function pls??!!

2 Likes

if devs are threatening new machines i’m gonna have to call out the PI-MA, always wondered what that would be like with a sine/different noise source.

1 Like

such a great work, congratulation for the devs, I think I’m not the only one that would love having different lenght & scales per pattern and conditional trigs there, I would even pay for that update

just saying

3 Likes

If MnM and MD got conditionals and scale/track the 2nd hand market would probably go(even more) nuts.

5 Likes

as much as i’d love to see that happen, i’m not sure how it could even work as every knob on every page already has a function!

1 Like