Machinedrum sps1 mk2 UW(no +drive) changing market value?

Hello everyone,
I recently found a machinedrum sps-1 mk2 UW without the + drive for 700 euros in very good conditions. Do you think it’s a good deal?

Thanks in advance.

2 Likes

yes

1 Like

Good deal, do it asap, it’s sick af :partying_face:

1 Like

A really good deal!

1 Like

Hi,

Locally, in exchange for my mint MDUW MKII (no +Drive) I’ve been offered a mint Minilogue XD module and mint Analog Heat mk1 + some 100€ cash. I would like to get both of those devices, but not sure if that deal is something worth it.

After browsing reverb.com I realized the prices are just going up, so I’m thinking this may not reflect the changing market. I know it’s not the +Drive version, which would mean higher price. Also, Reverb prices are what they are, you should take them with grain of salt.

So, a sanity check. Does this exchange seem fair?

I sold my MD uw no± for 1050 on reverb.
Minilogue xd is about 450 and heat mk1 300/350. It seems fair enough to me.

Thanks! I most likely will get the deal, assuming his devices are mint as he said.

Was yours MKII or the original? EDIT: just realized it that you where the OP. So MKII yeah. Good to know.

I sold my near mint SPS-1 MKII UW this month with box, manual, decksaver, tm-1 for $1800+shipping. I doubt the UW accounts for the $800 less you are considering trading for. Also there is no scarcity on Minilogue XD’s or Analog Heats.

On a personal note, Minilogue (non XD) was my least favorite synth I’ve ever owned and I never did like the character the AH imparted, was okay for subtle boosting and filtering but I felt that the drive sounds completely flattened out my sound sources. Whereas the MD I actually really liked, just wanted to let go of some gear and the prices seemed to just keep going up on the silver boxes.
There’s some inherent value to object scarcity, personally I’d say no way…unless you have already used an XD and AH and know they are what you’d get when faced with the additional options that a lump sum of money offers.

Thanks. Where I’m located the Minilogue XD (module) and AH go around 450€ a piece. 1000€ translates to around $1200. It’s still cheap, I know. And the MD prices are only going up - that’s true as well.

But it’s time for me to move on.

I’ve demoed both devices, and I think they will be good fit to my studio. I don’t have a proper analog synth yet, and to my ear the distortion and saturation AH is capable of sounds just so good, especially on drums.