Machinedrum Rattle

Hey.

Just picked up a Machinedrum SPS-1 UW+, and wondering if the rattle from shaking the unit is due to the way the buttons are designed.

The sounds seems to be coming from the top of the unit, whichever direction I shake it.

Does anyone know if this is natural?

Thanks!

I have a similar problem. Like something brocken in it. I opened the faceplate, it is under the PCB, not the buttons.

Maybe Elvis?

Thanks for the reply.

I’m thinking it’s just the buttons moving, as they are quite loose in general. Also, it sounds like multiple things are moving at the same time which is probably the buttons :thinking:

Glad it’s not just me, I was freaking out when I got mine (just today)…

That’s some coincidence!!!

I had it 3 weeks ago. :wink:

Buttons make noise, but I have something moving in it too ! :thinking:

My SPSmk2 UW rattles too. Definitely sounds like something rolling around inside. Doesn’t seem to affect the unit though.

1 Like

Bought one a few weekend ago and had the same problem. The seller said it didn’t have the rattle when he shipped it, which made me a bit nervous. Returned it and bought an analog rytm instead.

Hi I found the moving part !
Not rolling, but sliding.

Have a guess, you’ll win adhesive ! :smile:

3 Likes

I was not an issue at all. :wink:
The seller didn’t noticed it before maybe.

Ok nobody wants free adhesive. :slightly_frowning_face:
So the answer is the magnet around the ribbon cables.

I’ll leave it like that, a free dynamo magnet, maybe Elvis gets its energy there, who knows…

4 Likes

Did you noticed this strange word a la Mary Poppins ?

Anagram of Supercalifragilisticexpialidocious ?

2 Likes

Funny, I was thinking the exact same thing when I saw that!

2 Likes

anyone else experienced this, just recently bought the MK2UW+ and have experienced a slight jingle/rattle when moving the unit. Doesn’t appear to cause any issues. My MK1 doesn’t have any rattle.

I’ve always had a jingle / rattle in mine as well. Doesn’t seem to affect anything, so I just ignore it.

mine does not rattle, mayeb because i dont have a +drive

the + drive is clearly bells and whistles.

2 Likes

mine sounds like there’s a loose screw. Maybe something only dedicated to live use when the maracas are too far.

3 Likes

Answer 3 posts above…

MD digital maracas are not the best.
I’d put a mic in and shake it in live conditions, or eventually sample it! :content: