Machinedrum mk2 encoders problem

Hey guys.I experience a small encoder issue on my machinedrum mk2.There is a small wobbling going on on some of the encoders which doesn’t prevent me at all from writing music(even can use the live recordin easily).By wobbling i mean there is an issue in the values they skip but the problem is very small so far.More clearly i can tell when in test mode i rotate the encoders and i can see some times they go back and forth or lag a bit but all goes back to normal very fast.When in the actuall machine turning a value from 0 to 127 and the oposite i cant really tell there is a problem unless i m watching too closely.Same goes for the sound selection rotary thing where the problem is more visable there but i dont use this almost at all(i use function plus the machine to go over the different ones).What are your thoughts?you think if i leave it like this for now the problem can get worse in the future?I ve noticed also while cleaning the machine sometimes there is a black silicon material coming out so i m guessing the encoders are wearing out

That s probably correct. The track selection dial on my mk1 is also sketchy. Often misses steps or goes backwards. All this will get worse with use. But i m sure they can be replaced too.

My MK2 also has the track selection encoder going wonky. Just learned to deal with it this far. I’m sure Elektron will continue to provide support and repairs for these units for years to come.

I replaced all mine, not terribly difficult if you have some solder skillz.