Machinedrum: Machines in kit Reset/Changed randomly? Help

Hi,
I have a machinedrum sps1uw and have spent recent weeks working on a project.
When I started to add new patterns and switching between them suddenly some of the machines within the kit reset and/or changed to a different machine. I lost 80% of what I had done.
This has never happened before and i dont know what I did to cause this.
Why would this have happened and how can I prevent it in the future. It has been painful to lose it.

Any help is greatly appreciated :slight_smile:

You probably did not save the kit before shutting down.

1 Like

Dumping to a computer can prevent losing all your work in the future. If you didn’t accidently overwrite a kit being used by one pattern while creating another, I would guess it could be the power supply.

1 Like

why, in your opinion, is the power supply responsible for that? rather the internal battery than the PSU when you ask me.

1 Like

:smile:

1 Like

As I said, just a guess. Battery could be a likely culprit too.

1 Like

I had already saved the kit when it was first created, from that point does the machinedrum not save automatically? Do you need to re-save every time you add a new machine?

I dont think i overwrote the kit because some of the samples are still working ok. it just seems to be 4 machines that have reset randomly. Dumping to the Computer is a good idea but surely this shouldnt happen in a normal situation. What could be the problem with the power supply?

You have to resave every time you shut the unit down. Also when changing snapshots. It does not save automatically, so you could be defaulting to an older kit, or to a previously linked kit.

3 Likes

Hi i think you have the answer. YES save the kit, and there are some things to consider related to how the MD saves data on kits and patterns you may check the MD manual page 14 (MACHINEDRUM KITS).

2 Likes