Machinedrum for Drone/HarshNoise/PowerElectronics and so on

Hi! Other stuff from Elektron’s may fit better. If you want stange digital stuff - digitakt/octa/model samples can do a lot of fun. But also pay attention to analog a4. A lot of “that” harsh classic Genocide Organ’ish stuff can be made by overdriving external synth (drive stompboxes good too) into a4 as osc and tweaking as fm. Some feeling of their korg ms20 feedbacking drones.

1 Like

Thanks for the advice man. I have to admit that
a) I’m not a harshnoise guy, I like more strange & weird sounds, but I just wanted some information about how much violence can be put out of a MD :innocent:
b) I asked about a MD because there was one for sale :grin: In fact MnM and 0-coast are what I really dream of :sleeping:
c) I have a bad english, try to not mind it!

1 Like

If you want noise, I will say that the Monomachine is a secretly awesome machine for this. The FM+ and SID machines and the per-track easily-overdriven delay and 3 LFOs per track combine to make some noisy super-powers.

4 Likes

If you’re not into harsh noise, but more into the ‘general electroacoustic “experimental” unusual sounds’ vein, this video of the Machinedrum’s sine machines can be pretty inspirational.

3 Likes

Man, I just want to be rich now!
The MnM seems just perfect for everything strange out there :wink:

yes routing was one of the first thing i did as well! also spend a couple of tracks to control the built delay and reverb and route the input track to them… then tweak as you like :wink: