Machinedrum for Drone/HarshNoise/PowerElectronics and so on

Hi guys,
this is my first post here on elektronauts! It’s well known that the MD can handle these kind of sounds, but how well it does it? I’m thinking about purchasing one, can you help me?

1 Like

That seems pretty dope man! Thanks for sharing! :wink:

1 Like

Yeah, it’s going to be expensive and I’m not going to be rich! :sweat_smile:
But it’s nice to know it’s there!

2 Likes

The dream…

1 Like

But I’m somehow more on the MD because of the digital strangeness thing, if it makes some sense…

3 Likes

That’s all good.

When I first started making music I only liked Digital synths. Even 20 years later my favourite music I made was done on a Digital workstation.

All my gear now is Digital. I never really hung on to my Analog stuff for long.

But we like what we like and our tastes evolve and shift.

1 Like

Wise words my man! :wink:

1 Like

I would say that MD is more than capable in this respect. You’ll have to use it quite uncoventional ways to achieve some things but it’s so flexible and capable that it shouldn’t be an issue. Especially if you get a UW version so you can add in some sampled textures. In fact with the mutliple out’s and some external FX on those you could easily do a whole set with one if you’re that way inclined.

4 Likes

Thanks for your reply! MD seems to have huge sound sculpting possibilities, that’s what gets my attentions :smiley:

Best thing is to listen to examples and read the manual. This forum has tons of music by users in the appropriate section.

1 Like

Greetings!and Welcome to the forum!
In case you didnt see already there is a question i asked about industrial-power electronics here before…(there is also a quick video sample)

Hope this helps somehow…
cyan

2 Likes

Thanks for the tip man :wink:

Just great man! Some really mean and strange sounds, liked it very much!
Thank you :japanese_goblin:

1 Like

Glad you liked it!
If you buy an UW than sampling this sounds is recommended(12bit)!!and than you can do the usual (mindblowing)Md things with it…while you are searching for other sounds…

Md never asks questions…just delivers…
Expect to have Tons of fun!!
:slight_smile:
cyan

1 Like

Feels like its a machine made for experiment, I love it!

Been doing some power electronics/noise stuff on my Digitone. It’s a beast for this stuff, so sonically versatile and can do all the percussive stuff as well as the drones and harsher noise elements. The really awesome thing is the sequencer. All the different randomisation, polymetering and plocking options take it from simple noise generator to a full on noise performance box. I’m sure the MD will be just as much fun.

Here’s a little taste of what the Digitone can do all on its own. It’s a Google drive link because SoundCloud and YouTube suck all the best frequencies out of it.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1n-OrwF9D3j8brFJVWk_5UmnVTKTnvAu0/view?usp=drivesdk

5 Likes

that’s really good :cowboy_hat_face:

1 Like

Thanks very much.
Just shows how capable the Digitone is really.

That’s sick man! Love that sound :wink:

It sounds way better if you download the full .wav file. Google drive encodes it better than SoundCloud, but you still lose a fair chunk of the top and bottom ends streaming it.

Guess i should start mastering tracks a bit to try to deal with this.

1 Like