Machinedrum Bug (?)

Playing pattern. Tweaking filter FLTF to high frequencies. After restoring kit (i’m doing button combination “function+classic/extended”) the first trig of the SNARE (no matter what channel i’m using with snare sound) sounds cracking and disappearing (??%%&)… you can hear it on the video… its not depend on master fx or something… i tried different projects and combinations… and it happens every time when using filter with SNARE (no matter sampled or synth)… i tried to restore kit before snare trigs (with kick drum starts for example). But effect is the same.
it is very interesting that other sounds don’t spoil, only sharp blows.

IMG_5025.m4v (7.7 MB)

i added sound example:
first time i’m tweaking FLTF for all tracks and in second pattern first snare hit is crashed.
in the next pattern i’m tweaking only snare filter and after restoring kit bug is the same.
no matter what channel i’m using

Tweaking filter with “shift”

for what is this function for? i can only see that the parameter will turn negative/chromatic but cannot hear any changes.

Think he means Ctrl-Al

2 Likes

Is there any chance you have some sort of phase cancellation going on?

oh yeah, i forgot. function + knob = Ctrl-All :wink:

2 Likes

Clarification: When you say “snare”, do you mean whatever you assign to track 2?

no… sorry, I have edited my post. the problem only with sharp blowing sounds like snare

first time i’m tweaking FLTF for all tracks and in second pattern first snare hit is crashed.
in the next pattern i’m tweaking only snare filter and after restoring kit bug is the same.
no matter what channel i’m using

is it a sample snare? LFO activated?

No matter sample or synth. In this case its basic default fm machine. No lfo