Machinedrum and Wogglebug

Had the thought on my way home tonight - ‘I wonder if the Machinedrum could be triggered by the Wogglebug to create generative patterns?’

Turns out it very much can be. If only there were more than two trigger inputs!

2 Likes

A Cycling Maths produces crazy kicks too. I suppose all this is obvious but I never thought of it until now.

there are trigger to midi converters like this one :slight_smile:

can be found cheap used

http://alesis.com/products/legacy/triggerio

1 Like

Oh man, great tip, thanks!

You just gave me a fantastic idea! I’m gonna try to send a few lfo’d midi notes from my OT to my MD with another lfo modulating the midi arp.

Good luck with your wogglebug!

Good idea, could try that too. Sending some LFOs from the Octa.

It’s nice because without individual track lengths or micro timing the MD may be great, but can feel a bit… griddy

1 Like

I’m towards the end of an experiment where I use the A4 to send conditional CV trigs to the MD input to trigger a midi track which has an LFO modulating the midi note which then gets sent back to the MD to alternate between different patterns to trigger. There are definitely ways to escape that grid feel with the machine, which is opening me up to a whole new world with the machine

But the LFO from the OT thing could work to create much more interesting riffs and sparce fills

1 Like

I need to spend more time with the MD, these are the kind of ideas which will convince me to do it.

2 Likes