MACHINE2MACHINE - EP and SOUNDPACK by (d) [Analog4!]

“MACHINE2MACHINE”: My most cohesive and engaging EP, to date. Drones, undulating bass, atmosphere.

My buddy describes it as “Tomorrow’s elseq”: Boards of Canada’s “Tomorrow’s Harvest” + Autechre’s “elseq.” Sounds about right. You be the judge!

Stats for nerds:
99.9% Analog 4, 0.1% Analog Rytm (hihats, mainly.)

I used a ton of experimental techniques on this one: real feedback (outputs-to-input), multiple neighbor-waveforms, and nested conditional-trigs! Of course, the techniques don’t matter if the music is crap, but I think this one is damn good!

I know how difficult it can be to find the time/effort to listen to another’s music when you’re making your own, so I appreciate your support.

NEW!
MACHINE2MACHINE+
The Analog 4/Keys soundpack with bonus remix, “unison_reunion”!
DOWNLOAD IT HERE

Includes all sounds, kits, and efx used on the album (5 .syx files), free for you to use and manipulate.
Be sure to read the “readme” file prior to uploading to your A4/AK!

Regards,

-d

PS. Here’s a code for the original EP:
rt5l-uatv
Enter, here: https://glitched.bandcamp.com/yum

13 Likes

I’m not into this style of music but I really like how the entire mix is laid out.
Good job.

You’re a busy guy, glitched

Can’t stop; won’t stop!
The thing is, I sat on the tracks for “was it ever real?” for quite some time, then I started doing these tracks.
They had a different sound, for sure, so I split them up into these two, shorter EPs.

If you wanted to categorize them, the last one is more “fidgety” (modular glitch stuff), and this one is controlled (due to working entirely in the Analog 4).

In the coming weeks, I will release a single including a few .syx kits used to make “MACHINE2MACHINE.”

Thanks for listening!

2 Likes

Cool !
Thank you buddy !

Sorry, that code has been used too many times.Can you help me ? :slight_smile:

Love it

1 Like

Two of my favourite records. Now I’m really looking forward to listening.

1 Like

Would be interesting to read/hear more about that.

2 Likes

Thanks for the responses, guys!

If the promo code has been used, I’m sorry, but you’ll just have to wait for the next one to pop up. I know it sounds “SPAMMy,” but I periodically throw codes up on my twitter (@d01) and instagram (more rarely, but @glitched01). I think Elektron might even be putting some out there, soon. Of course, buying it is a great option.

Anyway, @Unifono, I’d be happy to talk about the process. I’ll post something up in the coming days.

Thanks once again for the support, Elektron-brethren!

4 Likes

I’m listening to the last track right now. You got a new fan. It’s really great and a big ode to the A4. I never could tell that this was all A4, I can’t hear any “typical” A4 sounds. Great sound design.
I’d love to get more insight on how the drums were done. They sound really awesome, I’m very impressed.
Did you use beat repeating, stuttering effects afterwards or is this straight from the A4?
Btw. I hear more Elseq than Tomorrow’s harvest, but it’s a nice description anyway. I’m looking forward to hear more from you.

With regard to “I know how difficult it can be to find time to listen to another’s music when you’re…” - music is food, and this is some inspiring shit. -thumbs way up-

Thanks, very much! I’m sure you understand what I mean, though. We’re all creators here, so, if you’re like me, the making of one’s own music generally takes precedence listening to another’s. (I hope that doesn’t sound arrogant; I still listen to a ton of music!)

@Unifono I’d be happy to give more details this weekend; I just don’t have the time to type it all out right now. But yes, this is all internal A4. No external sequencing, efx (aside from compression, light reverb in places, etc.) All the “stuttering” or “off-kilter” percussion was LFO interplay, p-locking.

Oh, and I’m readying a “deluxe” version of MACHINE2MACHINE, which will include all of the Analog4 kits I used in the making of the album!

2 Likes

Funnily enough, I’m at my son’s music school currently listening to the millionth approximative cover of “Everybody need somebody to love” and I can’t wait the next hour when my mate comes home to play music with me :smile:

As a little “teaser” of my upcoming “deluxe” version of M2M, I’m attaching a couple of the sounds I used. (I will be including all of the KITS I used on the album in that release.) This is from the first and second tracks, “machine2machine” and “machine2man,” respectively:

(d) - sounds from MACHINE2MACHINE.syx (830 Bytes)

These are the “drum” sounds for those two tracks.
The first one is self-playing, in a way, relying on LFO2 to control the amplitude and pitch of the whole sound, while LFO1 randomly modulates PM2 and PAN.

The usage of the frequency-following MULT type is essential for the “randomized” pattern, here! Since LFO1 is assigned to the PITCH MOD of OSC2 with a RND waveform, the pitch (and PAN) is simultaneously being modulated by a random and sloped (saw–LFO2 shape) wave.
Bah–just play with LFO1 DEPTHs and MULT. Have fun with it.

The second file is from “machine2man” and is an alteration of the previous patch. Noise replaces PAN as a modulation destination, so you get those percussive hits.

Enjoy!

By the way, since it’s the 4th of July, all my releases are 4$ or less! 4444444444444444444

1 Like

Updated the post to include info on MACHINE2MACHINE+, the Analog4/Keys soundpack for the original 5-track EP.

DOWNLOAD IT HERE

1 Like

And here’s the final batch of FREE codes for MACHINE2MACHINE

7n67-67rf vwyx-yjhm 7ptp-7kpg

https://glitched.bandcamp.com/yum

Thanks again for your support! On to some new stuff!

3 Likes