Mac, Windows, Linux?

Mac Pros are used by infographists working on 3D or video.

The quality of it appears to be lower than in the past : I saw several of them return to Applecare because they had huge default such as one of the graphics card being defective.

Same here. Octamed is in my amigo 2000 in the old warehouse near my house. Don’t put my hands on since 1998 ! I had a hard drive with 380 mo.
Then Mac.
Then no more computer. If I should, would go for Linux.

RIGHT? I mean it’s nuts. Mac people: a genuine question, because I’d go Mac if so convinced…but I just don’t see how one reconciles the price.

For me it’s because I do a lot of work between the finder/desktop & a stereo editor , cutting, previewing etc outside of a DAW or sampler before & during recording etc. I just find this organisation easier with the OSX desktop (& OS 7, 8 & 9 before then).

As far as $$$ some Macs I’ve owned were similar price 2nd hand - some were that 1/3 more expensive -than equivalent PC.

I just tried switcging from my rock solid desktop pc. Which I built from pretty high end parts to a 2009 Mbp as my music hub.

Had to go back to the pc cos overbridge would not behave at all with my macbook. Glitchy as balls and every time I change tracks in ableton I get that screaming noise issue from my a4 id heard people speak of…

But back to trusty pc. Windows 7. Dual screen goodness.

Shame though I was quite excited about separating work and music into separate rooms.

ok ladies & gentlemen,
the poll is now closed.

thanks for polling!

the results are a bit surprising - very high ratio of Mac users, more than 80%.
I would’ve guessed 70/30 optimistically, or 50/50 realistically…

Mac!
Poll “closed” , but anyway… :slight_smile: