M8 Tracker

More units should be around late October (no preorder) if those sell out quickly it will be another 2 months before next set of units. I do not want to do preorders again, it is a lot of work to ensure everyones addresses are still valid etc after months of placing a preorder.

24 Likes

@trash80 you’ve made a killer device here. I’ve been kicking back learning it and loading it up with samples etc. So many clever design decisions in this. You really nailed the aesthetics and the physical interface too. The buttons/keys are great, it’s impressive how quickly you can navigate the interface.

This one is 100% a keeper and I know I’m going to be using it a lot.

My favourite gear purchase in a long long time.

Thing sounds awesome too, plugged it in to my brother’s Bose system and thoroughly impressed listening to the demo tracks :hushed:

18 Likes

Guys. Im itching for more data.

Anybody get a shipping notification this week? If so, which order number are you?

Thanks

1232, shipped on Tuesday.

3 Likes

Awesome, you’re the best!

You’re also one off from being EXACTLY 600 away from mine.

So i can estimate that mine will be sent out 2 weeks from next Tuesday!

1 Like

1642 here, so mine will ship the Tuesday (maybe Wednesday) between you too.

1 Like

@Stupid_zen here’s the estimation equation.

I’m envious of both your earlier order and your forum name

2 Likes

First little jam on the M8 :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:
This is just a livemode jam turning patterns on and off because I havent worked out how to get a song to play yet

13 Likes

Sounding great!

Not sure what you’ve tried so far, but how is your song structured? Any gaps in the song view count as loop points, rather than blank chains that will be “played” while the other chains play. So if you have a row of chains, then a row of blanks, then another row of chains, the first row will play forever without progressing to the next.

3 Likes

Thanks pselodux for the tips. I was having an issue with the play markers moving at different speeds through the song, just been reading through the manual and I need to make all pattern chains the same length and then it should play patterns in line/sync as it plays through the song. Good to know about the gaps mean loop points

2 Likes

Ah yep, the mismatched chains thing tripped me up the first time as well. It may seem counterintuitive to have that functionality, but it makes it possible to have some phrases running at a different speed to others for polyrhythms etc., without everything going out of sync.

2 Likes

Awesome!!! Ugh I want one of these so bad, passed my chance up twice but I’ll def get one in the next order.

1 Like

Thats cool yeah

they are really cool, the synths are great with 2xenv and 2xLFO, and then the tables

2 Likes

Does the company put out a newsletter or something I can sign up for so that I will get notice right when they become available again for sale? I cancelled my preorder, now I’m kicking myself.

4 Likes

damn I want one of these bad :fire:

There will be more once pre-orders ship, but at the moment the understanding is that you’ll have to watch the discord - or I’m sure people will update here. There is a newsletter you can sign up to on the site, but I’d expect to hear sooner by watching these channels.

You cant have one until you’ve finished eating all you vegetables

5 Likes

but mommmmm… :sob:

4 Likes

Would M8Display work on chrome on Android?
Something like this could be a portable way to use M8 headless. Would need to find a place to mount the teensy, though.
No where near as good as the real thing, of course, but maybe worth trying out…