M:S how not to restart sequence after stop/play?

Hey guys,

New to M:S so this is why the topic title may be misleading in the wording.

I use M:S as a slave of Ableton Live. (controlled via Push 2) My intention is live looping without pausing. Imagine this, I have a pattern playing in M:S in the same clock as other sounds from Ableton Live. Now, I want to suddenly STOP the sequence on M:S while the master (Ableton Live) keeps going. And during a certain moment i want M:S to come back to what i was doing. The problem now is that when I hit PLAY (after last time i hit STOP), it starts the sequence all over, while my sequence of sounds in Live is not longer in the groove as i composed it initially. Or i tried hitting PLAY on M:S when i wanted to and then hit it again to play, but this is returning to play from the next step in the sequence. What I want to achieve is to have M:S play from the same step Live is in and not disrupt it.

Can such thing be possible?

I am sending midi from my audio interface (roland capture) to M:S. M:S send audio via USB.

Thanks for any help!

Instead of stopping the M:S, can you switch to a blank pattern or simply mute its sounds?

Hey Peter,

Yeah, this is an option i also discovered. A more smooth mode for me would have been to control it via the play/stop or play/play. like a global control. i can still do TRACK + VOLUME+DIST, but it is fading it. I wanted a more sudden change.

But thanks for advice.