M:S as master clock for Pamela’s new workout

I’m trying to use M:S as a master clock for Pamela’s new workout. I can’t seem to get PNW to recognize the clock coming out of M:S. I’ve tried all the different PPQN setting and inverting the midi polarity but no luck. Has anyone tried this before?

The M:S and M:C only send MIDI clock. They can’t send DIN sync. PNW can’t deal with MIDI clock, only DIN sync or a regular gate (a simple audio signal like a tick can work). The higher Elektron devices can send DIN sync. You will need additional hardware to make Pam’s work with M:S, either as leader or follower.

1 Like

Thanks for the quick answer. Another good reason to upgrade to a Digitakt!

1 Like

If you’re thinking of upgrading, Digitakt is great, but the cheapest solution I could think of is the $99 Korg SQ-1, which can do MIDI to CV conversion (including clock) and has some other features you might use with your modular. With Digitakt and other Elektron devices, you will need the $10 ALM UT-001 DIN sync adapter cable.

1 Like

Good to know thanks! I’ll check it out.

1 Like

You could also get the mmMIDI also from ALM. It gives you midi sync to pam clock and two channels of v/oct, velocity and gate. Thats what i use to sync all my Elektron boxes to my eurorack. I highly recommend it.

2 Likes

Great option as well. I’ll take a look!