M:C as audio interface for ipad. Disconnections

When i connect my ipad via USB to M:C, i hear the audio of the ipad from the headphone out of the M:C.
Il like this feature so much because i use some synth app on ipad and i can avoid an external mixer to hear both M:C and ipad.

After some minutes at random ipad stops to send audio to M.C. If i unplug and plug again the usb cable form te M:C, ipad restar to work.

In example if i use AUM, i see 3 M:C hardwoare out (L, R, both) even when in a certain moment the audio doesn’t arrive no more du M:C from USB.

Do you know how to give more stability to this audio mode?

Sadly not… using iPadOS14 beta. First I hoped it was my faulty USB cable. But even with the original I have to unplug / replug the USB every now and then to hear the iPad again.

This seems to be a common problem for Model devices currently. It sounds like a bug to me. Here’s a similar thread: Model: Interface Audio Drops Out

1 Like

I got a response from Elektron. They’re on it!

That the USB Class Compliant audio from the computer to the Elektron device can sometimes be silenced is a known issue that existed also on the Digitone and Digitakt. We have a solution for this that will be released for the Model series soon. Some general improvements to USB audio are also being worked on.

4 Likes

What’s the word on that? It seems they haven’t fixed it yet, got multiple drops yesterday with MC in AUM

1 Like

It’s unusable… What’s the point having class compliancy since you can’t do anything with it, besides simple recording?

Huh. I never even thought of this. Audio from something else can pass through M:C and mix with Cycles output via headphone jack or L/R output?? :thinking: