LYRA-8 Organismic Synth (for soundscapes, FXs, pads, complex textures)

But weren’t you, just… nevermind.

4 Likes

This one looks really nice and would go perfectly with one of the “new” olive green Korg MS-20’s.

1 Like

Nice!! When’s it arriving? :raised_hands:

Have you seen the Lyra 8-FX? There’s a bunch of demos of that, which is the same as running stuff through the FX on the full Lyra.

1 Like

Ah no I have not. Not interested in rack based equipment. The combo of both the Lyra and the the FX being utilized is what I would be looking for.

I do see what you mean. I’ll check out some videos!

not a moment too soon* :upside_down_face:

(*it hasn’t been shipped yet :sleepy: )

1 Like

I look forward to hearing what you make with it!

1 Like

This is pretty impressive.

11 Likes

Yeah for sure, I’m not interested in rack either, but hopefully looking that up will help

1 Like

Right.

First one is DFAM, directly into the Ext. In on Lyra. There’s aittle bit of Lyra’s oscillators, but most of the noise is the delay and overdrive on the DFAM. The loop is dry at the start and the DFAM remains untouched throughout.

Then I had a revelation and made the Lyra a send effect and gave it some Digitakt to play with. There’s a fair amount of dry Digitakt on this until 4 minutes, when you’re left with just Lyra mangling the signal.
Again, the Digitakt remains untouched throughout.

Neither track is made to be enjoyed, but are an illustration of the various states of distress that can be caused by putting beats through Lyra.

6 Likes

Very interesting (so far)! Thank you for sharing.

1 Like

Alright, I knew there are people who handle chopsticks better with their toes than me with my hands but that people are starting to make cooler tunes than mine with their toes WHILE playing the guitar?!? I’m out! :wave:

2 Likes

the thing with the lyra is, it’s very much about you and it. the third party listener does not even enter the equation.
I find it to a be an emotional experience every time I switch it on. It just vaporises hours and I’m either elated or drained at the end of the session.

6 Likes

NIce representative video of the playful interaction that the Lyra encourages, especially with people predisposed that.

1 Like

There is a eurorack module of the fx circuits from the lyra.

stick your DFAM thru that i bet it’s bonkers :slight_smile:
2 Likes

I found this short video on my phone, unfortunately only with phone sound. Sampled the Lyra into Digitakt and added some feedback from the Lyra.

Yoo, don’t make me spend money I don’t have on the lyra8, that was poetic

1 Like

Xyx

This thing is just too wild for me. I’ve tried for the last two nights to love it but it’s not clicking, so, who wants my one?

I will put it up in the For Sale section with pics etc tonight.

Anyone have a idea of what I should sell it for? (White and in mint condition)

UK sale only this time.

2 Likes