Lyra 8 - Dubby Minimal Atmospheric Techno?

Hi All,

Got the Lyra 8 a while back and due to general lack of time with a new infant crawling around, haven’t been able to do much in the world of music. I was able to briefly sit with the Lyra and made a minimal tech house/techno dubby tune.

Apologies for the terrible mastering or lack thereof. I’ll get to that one day :slight_smile:

Seen a few Lyra posts lately and wanted to throw in my contribution.

7 Likes

Nice work! Congratulations on the tiny human. I have two under the age of 3, so I know all about the impact on “free time” (seems like a nebulous concept at the moment).

1 Like

Thanks, and regarding free time… I always thought I didn’t have much free time before the little human came into my life… Oh how wrong I was :slight_smile:

1 Like

Oh - wait till they start moving around, then it all changes (again)! If nothing else, I’ve learned to be more efficient with my time usage. That, and I’m just used to functioning on less sleep than before! Of course, there’s a whole thread about this (I think).

2 Likes

The beauty of the Lyra 8 is that my 2 year old knows about as much about how it works as I do.
This is lucky, as I’m rarely able to play it without his “assistance”.

1 Like

Nice. Really enjoyed that. Got a kinda shaman vibe going on…can hear some didgeridoo type noises in there. Cheers.

…since now, i’ve only heard people talking to whales with the lyra…
beside the fact that this is not lyra only, i also like the shamanic vibe to it while the finishing is not sooo bad at all…
ok, the kik sux a bit…
and once they get older, it’s getting better again with free time…i got a 14 year old and he’s off my hands for now…doing all fine without me…still gotto to feed him though, but he was early in, understanding that dad has to make music to feed the family…so keep on rocking…they understand way sooner than u think…and enjoy the early first years…there is no more peaceful place on this planet than next to ur sleeping kiddo…they grow fast while nothing speeds time more up than a kid…oh, it’s x mas time…already…again…

1 Like

Thanks, and yes - the kick definitely needs work. Maybe I’ll revisit and clean it up a bit :slight_smile:

Thanks!