Lying Dalai @ Soundcloud

Wow! This one’s awesome! Love how you managed the transition, seamless!

1 Like

Thanks, and indeed the 11 transitions are one of the things that really impressed me when tagging the 12 pretty skilled operators that contributed :slight_smile: When you know a bit about the OP-1, you can see how much dedication and love there is for the instrument and more generally music, in such track. I found such project tells a lot about the community, as well.

New collaboration starting right now!

Nice track I love it :slight_smile:

1 Like

[MOD EDIT] I took the liberty to move your kind comment to a more appropriate place :wink: [/MOD EDIT]

It was made with 24 hands!
I had never done such an epic collab, operators (as in OP-1 players) are pretty skilled musicians :smiley:

Currently working on the new op-forums collab.
So frustrated for not reaching the sound I have in mind with the little OP-1.

So… I grabbed the Digitakt and went mad. Greta angry.
Keep on kicking their ass, sister. We all wish we had such guts.

I find there’s a bit of @lem’s sound in this. Respect to the master: it seems your somatik techno stills infects me.

I might have been a bit heavy on the bit reduction and the overdrive :smiley: But I was amazed at reaching such dirt with the DT alone.

5 Likes

Some really nice tracks here! Did you produce them yourself? Or is this just a mix.
I have an AH2 myself but want to know what did you use to program these drum tracks if you don’t mind?

Myself, I’m currently programming my drums in Ableton (which sometimes sounds stale) but really like the groove to those tracks.
Been considering getting a model:samples to see if it helps. But the convenience of adding fx plug-ins seamlessly to drum tracks in Ableton is tough to get away from.

1 Like

This track is composed of twelve 30-second parts tagged in SoundCloud. Mine is 5th :slight_smile:

Everything was done in the OP-1.

I took the stereo .AIF file from the OP-1, put it in Ableton, compressed it and put the final mix through the Heat for a gentle saturation.

Oh rite on. On mobile I’m unable to see the tags.
I like the idea and also how it was put together as a mix.
Maybe try to assemble an elektronauts version? I’d be all for it.
The AH or a piece of Elektron gear could be a requirement.
Did you guys have samples as a req for the participants?
Anyways think it would be fun to organize a similar project for the holidays.

All details on the “12 collab” project on op-forums.

Feel free to launch a similar project (maybe in Elektronauts Sandbox category).
:tongue:

1 Like

I dropped a track yesterday night for OP-1 battle #65 on op-forums.
Theme was “In Motion”.

Restrictions:

• use motion sounds (in my case: field recordings on my way home when back from work)
  • use an additional synth (here: all sounds by Model:Cycles :heart:)
  • recording and mixing within OP-1 (the workflow is becoming pretty hard now that I am so used to the Elektron boxes: things get messy quite fast and it’s not forgiving.)

3 Likes

Max Marco offered a sample pack and launched a challenge.
Here is what I did with his samples and my OT:

Hope you’ll all doing well / symptom free in this period of confinement.

3 Likes

Wonderful melody! It’s very catchy. And I love those crispy drums, crunch city.

2 Likes

Here is the united track I assembled with all the participations for OP-1 battle #66 “Devil in Details”, made with all my love for this other awesome community.

All participations are tagged in the comments. Only field recordings and Model:Cyces were used for the transitions.

Brief for battle #66:

• Requirement #1: confinement-related field recording
  • Requirement #2: focusing on artefacts
  • Requirement #3: unity (use Model:Cycles generated FM sounds)
  • Requirement #4: additional machine allowed, all recording + mastering done on OP-1

This is my submission for OP-1 Battle #70 “Amen, Hocus Pocus”

Sounds created with Elektron Analog 4
Voice and FX samples from Hayao Miyazaki’s magical “Sen to Chihiro no kamikakushi”
Cymbal sample from “Amen Brother” by The Winstons

Recorded and mastered on OP-1
[I have just uploaded the final version]

5 Likes

Very nice

1 Like

OK, I’m not crazy about this one because I loved the ideas but had trouble to turn them into the real thing I had in mind.
But I bloody made it ffs!

Synths: OP-1 (Pulse, Cluster)
Beats: Elektron Analog Rytm mk2
Weird sound FX and secondary beats: dBox (so fun to play with this, thx @psound74)
Recorded/mastered on OP-1

Jacques Gourmelen took this photo on April 6, 1972 in Saint-Brieuc (France), the worker, Guy Burmieux, and the riot policeman, Jean-Yvon Antignac, had grown up together.

8 Likes

Le mec qui vient de Rennes :wink:
Bon son!

1 Like

excellent

1 Like

Pure Model:Cycles track.

6 Likes

A track I made (with the help of the A4) for OP-1 tenth birthday :slight_smile:

I also tried to create a video but IMO I should invest in some gear to get better results…
The video helps understanding the audio track anyway, so go and check ^^

https://www.instagram.com/tv/CPIjiQuhdc1

4 Likes