Lying Dalai @ Soundcloud

Ambient that got hit by a beat and mutates in dnb.
My mind lately :smile:

I made this track for сŠøстŠµŠ¼Š° | system various artists compilation SYS VA 004.
But because life can be very stupid it didnā€™t make it to the album (very worth a listen, if youā€™re into experimental/noise)

6 Likes

Nice track, once the beat comes in it feels very -summertime-

1 Like

This track is a collaboration between 12 op-forums users.
Each had 30s to compose, cadavre exquis style. I really dig the result of this. It illustrates pretty well what can be done with the OP-1 !

3 Likes

Wow! This oneā€™s awesome! Love how you managed the transition, seamless!

1 Like

Thanks, and indeed the 11 transitions are one of the things that really impressed me when tagging the 12 pretty skilled operators that contributed :slight_smile: When you know a bit about the OP-1, you can see how much dedication and love there is for the instrument and more generally music, in such track. I found such project tells a lot about the community, as well.

New collaboration starting right now!

Nice track I love it :slight_smile:

1 Like

[MOD EDIT] I took the liberty to move your kind comment to a more appropriate place :wink: [/MOD EDIT]

It was made with 24 hands!
I had never done such an epic collab, operators (as in OP-1 players) are pretty skilled musicians :smiley:

Currently working on the new op-forums collab.
So frustrated for not reaching the sound I have in mind with the little OP-1.

Soā€¦ I grabbed the Digitakt and went mad. Greta angry.
Keep on kicking their ass, sister. We all wish we had such guts.

I find thereā€™s a bit of @lemā€™s sound in this. Respect to the master: it seems your somatik techno stills infects me.

I might have been a bit heavy on the bit reduction and the overdrive :smiley: But I was amazed at reaching such dirt with the DT alone.

5 Likes

Some really nice tracks here! Did you produce them yourself? Or is this just a mix.
I have an AH2 myself but want to know what did you use to program these drum tracks if you donā€™t mind?

Myself, Iā€™m currently programming my drums in Ableton (which sometimes sounds stale) but really like the groove to those tracks.
Been considering getting a model:samples to see if it helps. But the convenience of adding fx plug-ins seamlessly to drum tracks in Ableton is tough to get away from.

1 Like

This track is composed of twelve 30-second parts tagged in SoundCloud. Mine is 5th :slight_smile:

Everything was done in the OP-1.

I took the stereo .AIF file from the OP-1, put it in Ableton, compressed it and put the final mix through the Heat for a gentle saturation.

Oh rite on. On mobile Iā€™m unable to see the tags.
I like the idea and also how it was put together as a mix.
Maybe try to assemble an elektronauts version? Iā€™d be all for it.
The AH or a piece of Elektron gear could be a requirement.
Did you guys have samples as a req for the participants?
Anyways think it would be fun to organize a similar project for the holidays.

All details on the ā€œ12 collabā€ project on op-forums.

Feel free to launch a similar project (maybe in Elektronauts Sandbox category).
:tongue:

1 Like

I dropped a track yesterday night for OP-1 battle #65 on op-forums.
Theme was ā€œIn Motionā€.

Restrictions:

• use motion sounds (in my case: field recordings on my way home when back from work)
  • use an additional synth (here: all sounds by Model:Cycles :heart:)
  • recording and mixing within OP-1 (the workflow is becoming pretty hard now that I am so used to the Elektron boxes: things get messy quite fast and itā€™s not forgiving.)

3 Likes

Max Marco offered a sample pack and launched a challenge.
Here is what I did with his samples and my OT:

Hope youā€™ll all doing well / symptom free in this period of confinement.

3 Likes

Wonderful melody! Itā€™s very catchy. And I love those crispy drums, crunch city.

2 Likes

Here is the united track I assembled with all the participations for OP-1 battle #66 ā€œDevil in Detailsā€, made with all my love for this other awesome community.

All participations are tagged in the comments. Only field recordings and Model:Cyces were used for the transitions.

Brief for battle #66:

• Requirement #1: confinement-related field recording
  • Requirement #2: focusing on artefacts
  • Requirement #3: unity (use Model:Cycles generated FM sounds)
  • Requirement #4: additional machine allowed, all recording + mastering done on OP-1

This is my submission for OP-1 Battle #70 ā€œAmen, Hocus Pocusā€

Sounds created with Elektron Analog 4
Voice and FX samples from Hayao Miyazakiā€™s magical ā€œSen to Chihiro no kamikakushiā€
Cymbal sample from ā€œAmen Brotherā€ by The Winstons

Recorded and mastered on OP-1
[I have just uploaded the final version]

5 Likes

Very nice

1 Like

OK, Iā€™m not crazy about this one because I loved the ideas but had trouble to turn them into the real thing I had in mind.
But I bloody made it ffs!

Synths: OP-1 (Pulse, Cluster)
Beats: Elektron Analog Rytm mk2
Weird sound FX and secondary beats: dBox (so fun to play with this, thx @psound74)
Recorded/mastered on OP-1

ā€“
Jacques Gourmelen took this photo on April 6, 1972 in Saint-Brieuc (France), the worker, Guy Burmieux, and the riot policeman, Jean-Yvon Antignac, had grown up together.

8 Likes

Le mec qui vient de Rennes :wink:
Bon son!

1 Like