Lowest latency achieved via Overbridge on MacOS Monterey?

Hi all, I’m having the same exact issue. OB was a huge selling point for these synths and it’s basically unusable for me at the moment :expressionless:

For me, restarting the OB engine syncs things again, if only for a minute or two.

I guess there is not update on this, I’m on M1 Pro 32GB MacOS 13.1 and experiencing variable latency

no update I have heard of, unfortunately. my understanding is that this is an issue with Ableton not correctly reporting latency to plugins, so I’m not sure how much control Elektron has over the matter.

I do use Overbridge to save device settings along with my Ableton projects, but I record audio with my interface and sync with an E-RM multiclock, so I’ve been able to work around the issue.

Actually, I think it’s the other way around; OB plugin is reporting unreliable latency information. Because think about it, Ableton cannot now about your Elektron device’s Analog Audio to Digital Audio converter latency (which is the source of the latency we are experiencing). OB should be responsible for reporting that latency to Ableton reliably so that Ableton can shift the tracks to make sure they sit on the grid. The problem we have is that OB is reporting variable latency which is not correct.

btw, when I contacted support, they said this is happening only on M1 Pro CPUs, let’s wait for people to try Overbridge on M2 Pros and see if they experience latency

1 Like

Thank you for this insight. That’s actually devastating. I think a lot of us upgraded to Apple Silicon in hope of a better latency.

1 Like

I might have found a workaround, could you please verify it? I might have a solution to OB latency on M1 Pro devices