Losing your kitty co-producer

One of our cats is very vocal, I always want to sample her, not sure how that would go though, following a cat around with a microphone!

Gianluca and his sister Bella are Ocicats, which are part Abyssinian, so they talk a lot and have a distinctive voice. definitely worth sampling. I have do that with Bella.

I lost my best kitty friend in February to cancer.
My wife I just had a baby in November. It was a crazy time to be so happy to be a dad but also grieve my little buddy “Mishka.”

Funny enough, I actually wrote an EP on my iphone while going through it all to deal and to honor what a tumultuous time it was.

2 Likes

I lost my best kitty friend in February to cancer.
My wife I just had a baby in November. It was a crazy time to be so happy to be a dad but also grieve my little buddy “Mishka.” Funny enough, I actually wrote an EP on my iphone while going through it all to deal and to honor what a tumultuous time it was.

Masterleader,

Your EP is beautiful! Kuddos to you for making that tribute.

I empathize 1000% with your loss of Miska, and I’m so sorry for your loss. We had Gianluca and his sister Bella (and another wonderful cat, Princess Pie) for 8 years before we had our 2-legged twins so they were as much a part of the family as our other twins. The love I have for my 2-legged kids didn’t displace the love I had for our cats; I just had 5 kids instead of 2 and the pie of love was just larger.

Very much like your recent experience, about 6 months after our twins were born, we lost Princess Pie to kidney disease. I was physically and emotionally depressed for a couple of weeks, and like you the tumult of that whole period made the whole experience a bit of a blur and a mix of emotions. It was a very strange time. Being a new dad is - as you know - just really, really powerful and unbelievably hard at the same time. it’s amazing that you were able to deal with all of this and do the tribute EP. you’re an inspiration.

2 Likes

I lost my Bella a few years ago, I still have samples of her voice. I feel your pain, our feline Studios buddies are unique.

2 Likes

I am truly sorry for your loss mate. My giant Maine Coon turns 16 this year, and I cannot imagine a life after him. X

1 Like

Wow! Thanks for the kind words. And thank you for sharing your story.
My wife and I regularly shed some tears over our lost little guy.
We are both huge animal lovers but I gotta say, Mishka was like no other animal I’ve ever known. I will always chuckle when someone tells me how cats don’t care or don’t show affection like a dog.
Well I’ve owned both and I can tell you that if you genuinely give love to them, it doesn’t matter what skin they wear, they will love you back with all their heart.
Congratulations on your growing family! Please share any music or art or whatever you create. The world is always in need.

1 Like

Very sorry to hear my pup is almost 11 and that’s close to the end of the road for her breed. Knowing it’s close kills me a bit.

Hoping you find peace soon :fearful:

1 Like

So sorry about your loss. My first cat passed away last year, from having him as a kitten through his 18 years. It was devastating at first and can still have days where I’m missing him. But he gets to rest in his favorite place now. I have a little shrine dedicated to him in my studio so he can be with me through all my musical adventures.

3 Likes

first track of EP tribute to Gianluca

3 Likes

tribute EP released yesterday on the streaming services

I am very satisfied with how it came together.

2 Likes

It’s great that we can take comfort in each others stories. I’ve always believed that death had always been the great equalizer, and no matter whom you are, you’ll likely experience it’s pain the same as most others have. My first experience with death came when I was about 6. My Coon hound had suddenly died, and I couldn’t grasp the idea of her never being around again. Since then, I’ve experienced death more than I would ever have expected to. Lost quite a few friends, family members, and colleagues. Recently however I had to put my Aussie down, and that was pretty tough. Ot too was my son’s first experience with death, and he wasn’t too much older than I was, cycle complete. I’ve been there people when they went to the great beyond on numerious occasions, but for some reason being there with my girl as she was being given those final shots of liquid death was pretty tough. Hit me harder than a few family member’s own demise, and perhaps part of it was seeing my own son coming to the same realizations as I did at his age. I was fortunate to be gifted the opportunity to comfort her as she went, but I still have moments every now and then where I’ll find myself just staring off and reliving those last few minutes with her. I’ve come to realise more than ever that time heals all wounds, but it’s certainly not easy those early days. I had promised her that I’d honor her through music, but have since decided to just strive and be a better person. I think trying to bring some kind of joy to the world and making it a fraction better for others, is a great way to honor those we’ve lost, regardless of the means we chose to do so. Love to you all.

3 Likes

That’s exactly my thoughts on grief, eventually all that is left is fond memories. Sorry for your loss OP.

1 Like

Nice! Gonna check it out later tonight