Loose Volume Knob anyone?

guys is it only my unit or is the volume knob very lose seems like its gonna fall off ?

No issues with mine, although it’s worth mentioning that the encodes do get looser after a while.

Mines solid. If yours “seems like it’s gonna fall off” I would look into exchanging it.

2 Likes

I have an encoder that has gone the other way if you are refering to the resistance, my F seems to have recently tightened up to about twice the resistance of all the others.

I have the exact same problem. Suddenly got a bit tighter. Hoping for a loose one at this point :stuck_out_tongue:

Does yours feel ever so slightly scratchy too?.

Not really. It seems like it’s slowing down at certain points of the rotation, either way. Not that big a deal, but I should probably try and get it fixed

Somehow i have to agree,
my volume knob is more fiddly than the encoders!
The encoders of the DT seem to be more solid than on AR MK1,
but the volume knob feels like the “for years used” filter knob on AR :joy::rofl:

hi, got my brandnew DT jesterday and it seems like it has the same “problem”. the volume knob is not really loose, but compared to the encoders it seems to be “used often”. maybe its just an potentiometer behaviour? dont want to send it back. anyone solved this issue??

Same problem here, curious to hear if anyone has got a solution…

contacted elektron support by “ticket”, sent a video with the wobbly knob. by the way, i was concerned about the “shadow” lines appearing on display depending on which page is active.

elektron said: your machine is not defect. its in normal condition.

i beleave, the volume knob is different in haptics because its a different product, not an endless encoder. hope it wont get worse…

DT manual says the volume knob is an endless encoder but with mechanical/hard stops.

Its the only encoder with a plastic shaft, different kind of pot
might be why it’s less hardy